• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BODs bribing : does it reset ? How ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we know, bribing for better BODs works in a way that NPCs ask increasingly higher amounts depending on the quality of the starting BOD, how many times the NPC has been asked for a bribe and such.

Question is, does this relate to specific accounts and if so, does it reset ? How ?

Is the bribing dynamics account specific or the NPC relates the same to all accounts asking to bribe for better BODs ?

I will make an example to better explain myself.

Say that John the NPC smithy is being asked bribing for better BODs by different players operating different accounts.

Mary the crafter of account A asks John the NPC smithy to bribe for a better BOD and the NPC gives a cost estimate for the bribe, Mary accepts the amount and submits the BOD to get a better BOD.

Now come a different player, Mark of account B who goes to the exact same NPC, John the NPC smithy, and also asks to bribe or a better BOD.
Now, question is, the fact that this NPC has already been bribed by another player operating another account will make or not a difference in the amount that the NPC will ask as a bribe ?

What I am trying to figure out, is whether the NPCs amounts build up "regardless" of which account is bribing them or whether they ask different amounts depending on the different history of the various accounts asking to bribe them.
That is, are they account specific in the amount they ask or their amounts build up regardless of which account may ask to bribe them ?

The above, also, assuming that the NPC looks at the whole account and not at single characters within an account. That is, if the exact same BOD is being asked to be exchanged for a better one, but by different characters within the same one account who have a different history for bribing, will the NPC charge them the same (i.e. look at the whole account regardless of which character within that one account is bribing them) or will the NPC treat the various characters of the asking account, differently ?

The above said, the next question that comes up, is whether the bribing asked amounts "reset" and if so, under which conditions.

I thought that daily maintainance might be the "reset" event to return the amount asked for bribing to the original starting conditions but I noticed that, even after daily maintainance, if I had previously bribed a NPC a few times, after daily maintainance the NPC would still ask a higher amount as compared to a different NPC. So, I have the "impression" that daily maintainance might not be the resetting event for bribes amounts asked.

Then, if not the daily maintaiance, what does reset the amounts asked for bribes, if at all ?

Thanks.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It seems that the bribing price is not tied to an account. It seems to reset daily or has some sort of decay timer. I often times when bribing a LBOD to highest ends will shop around a bit. Sometimes an NPC that I have not visited yet will not accept bribes. Sometimes the price is very high. I simply move to a different shop and try again.

If the bribe system was account related, that shouldn't work like that.

If you want to test the reset, log in right after the shard comes back up and do some bribing till an NPC won't accept any more, and note what it cost at each step.
Then come back every hour or so and try again. See how long it takes till that NPC will accept another bribe. Then wait another hour and see if the bribe cost decays over the day. Then lastly, at the end of the day, bribe it back up till it won't accept anymore. Wait for maintenance, and log in immediately after to see if it resets to 0, or not.

To answer if this is account or character based, you could also could simply have tried this yourself, again likely in less time that it took you to type the question in here...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that the bribing price is not tied to an account. It seems to reset daily or has some sort of decay timer. I often times when bribing a LBOD to highest ends will shop around a bit. Sometimes an NPC that I have not visited yet will not accept bribes. Sometimes the price is very high. I simply move to a different shop and try again.

If the bribe system was account related, that shouldn't work like that.

If you want to test the reset, log in right after the shard comes back up and do some bribing till an NPC won't accept any more, and note what it cost at each step.
Then come back every hour or so and try again. See how long it takes till that NPC will accept another bribe. Then wait another hour and see if the bribe cost decays over the day. Then lastly, at the end of the day, bribe it back up till it won't accept anymore. Wait for maintenance, and log in immediately after to see if it resets to 0, or not.

To answer if this is account or character based, you could also could simply have tried this yourself, again likely in less time that it took you to type the question in here...

I did try it, also right at server up and that is why I said I have a feeling that it does not reset for daily maintainance (but could not figure out what resets it) and also that it does not relate to single characters but more to a whole account, not sure if to all accounts bribing that particular NPC.

My feeling, but it is merely a feeling, is that the NPC builds up the charges with every player coming to the NPC so, even if I did not bribe a given NPC, it may not mean that this NPC will not be expensive to me if other players have already ben bribing him or her.

But I assume that a system to reset the charges must be into place, only that I do not seem to figure out how it might reasonably work.