• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD's and Arms Lore??

• Thread starter ColonelKurtz
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

ColonelKurtz

I was just curious, if we "have" to use armslore to get better weaps and armor, shouldn't then also factor into getting more "mac-daddy" BOD's??

HMMMM????

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they want to change the equation, they should throw Fame/Karma into the Mix. After all, wouldn't you give your best BODs to the most famous Smiths/Tailors?

K

KinG DaviD

IM ALSO CURIOUS AS TO THE IMPORTANCE OF ARMS LORE...FROM WHAT I READ...I DONT SEE HOW IT HELPS MUCH IN CRAFTING WEAPONS AND ARMOR...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
KD: the information is in the FAQs.

The short version is that Arms Lore adds a bonus to the resists of an exceptional armor piece, or the DI of an exceptional weapon, which can substantially increase the value of the item, if one is crafting to sell items.

Without Arms Lore, a crafter gets +6 random resists when crafting armor exceptionally with a runic; +15 if made with a normal tool.

With Arms Lore, those bonuses are increased +1 per 20 points of Arms Lore (+1 per 12.5 points on Siege Perilous, where having good, non-runic, armor is much more important) for up to +5 extra resists (randomly applied - +8 on SP) at GM Arms Lore. This can actually increase the value of an items by hundreds of thousands of gold - if not actually make it a saleable item instead of something to recycle.

Exceptional Weapons have 35% DI at 0 Arms Lore. The same bonus numbers for armor, add to the DI of weapons, so that at GM Arms Lore, Exceptional weapons are 40% DI (43% on SP), unless crafted with a runic, in which case they can be 50%+Arms Lore Bonus+material bonus (if made of wood), so, theoretically one could make a Frostwood Bow with a Heartwood runic on SP, and have a 70% DI Bow (50% from runic +8% from Arms Lore +12% from Frostwood); on any other shard it could be as much as 67%.

Humans are treated as if they have 20 Arms Lore, due to the "Jack of All Trades" racial attribute, if they have less than 20 real points in the skill.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have not worked up arms lore to GM on my crafter - I don't make stuff to sell, so it hasn't been an issue so far and it would be just another skill I would have to keep on a soulstone for most of the time. Ahhh..I really wish we could just get 1000 skill points for crafter characters. :)

B

BajaKurgan

I really wish we could just get 1000 skill points for crafter characters. :)
Doesn't everyone have the same 1920 skill cap on their crafter like i do?!?! :lick:

Here's my template:

Kurgan the Super Crafter
120 Alchemy
120 Arms Lore
120 Begging (Really helps when begging the craft gods for better bonuses)
120 Blacksmithy
120 Bowcraft/Fletching
120 Carpentry
120 Cooking
120 Fishing
120 Glassblowing
120 Inscription
120 Lumberjacking
120 Mining
120 Musicianship
120 Stonecrafting
120 Tailoring
120 Tinkering

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really wish we could just get 1000 skill points for crafter characters. :)
Doesn't everyone have the same 1920 skill cap on their crafter like i do?!?! :lick:

Here's my template:

Kurgan the Super Crafter
120 Alchemy
120 Arms Lore
120 Blacksmithy
120 Bowcraft/Fletching
120 Carpentry
120 Cooking
120 Fishing
120 Glassblowing
120 Inscription
120 Lumberjacking
120 Mining
120 Musicianship
120 Stonecrafting
120 Tailoring
120 Tinkering
Whats sad is you still need to wedge 120 magery in there to make nice spellbooks! Tho since you can't get legendary fishing, glassblowing and stonecrafting don't require points, can't get 120 mining or tinnkering or cooking or bowcraft...you should have some spare points. =D

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here's my template:

Kurgan the Super Crafter
120 Alchemy
120 Arms Lore
120 Blacksmithy
120 Bowcraft/Fletching
120 Carpentry
120 Cooking
120 Fishing
120 Glassblowing
120 Inscription
120 Lumberjacking
120 Mining
120 Musicianship
120 Stonecrafting
120 Tailoring
120 Tinkering

psttt... I crafted a ring that had all those skills, but I threw it away because I was looking for one with LRC.

You should have seen the Big Fish my one armed fisherman caught last week. It was this big (raises right hand only).

B

BajaKurgan

Whats sad is you still need to wedge 120 magery in there to make nice spellbooks!
Magery Smagery...
What I did was just kept stoning over 20 magery from all my JOAT characters until I got to 120, which is great because JOAT skills are invisible, so doesn't use up skill points. :D

OK in all seriousness, I was thinking of this the other day...

What if you had two characters that had eaten every Legendary Skill Scroll and you had every skill possible on a soul stone at it's cap. At any given time you could play any template you wanted.

I know it's 49 soulstones and 62 powerscrolls, so highly unlikely, but...

IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!