• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Timing Question

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had quite a discussion on my shard today about the frequency and quantity of gathering BOD's. I have done a lot of smith and tailor BODs in my time but I quit a few years ago because of the time it took and it got to be tedious and a grind so I quit doing them except for powder of fort and CBD's and the occasional hammer or runic reward.

Anyhow, this morning I was asking how you accumulated the BODs on the new skills in enough quantities to fill the larges on my one and only cook and was told that you could get 3 BODs every 6 hours i.e. 12 per 24 hour day. This was explained in detail by several of the participants and at least 2 of them I know were skilled longtime players.

I was and am of the opinion that you CANNOT get 3 BODs every 6 hours, you can only get ONE per each 6 hour period but the game will hold and accumulate up to 3 if you have not collected them on the 6 hour times.

They kept throwing in the turn in one and get one back thing which is not what I was asking, I know you can do that but I don't think that affects the 6 hour timer. I know you can make and turn in and get another BOD immediately without limit.

I tested this 6 hour timer after talking to them and collected BODs on my smith (120 skill) at approx 8AM, then I collected again at 3PM and of course the NPC would only give me one. Am I crazy or doing something wrong or are they using a trick I don't know?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They accumulate up to 3...so if you don't log on for 18 hours, you can get all 3 at once...but you are correct it's 1 every six hours.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They accumulate up to 3...so if you don't log on for 18 hours, you can get all 3 at once...but you are correct it's 1 every six hours.
Thank you, I could not get that thru these folks heads, I guess they just thought I was an idiot or something.

I have probably done as many smith BODs as anyone playing the game back a few years ago so I was pretty danged sure I was correct. My daughters filled and turned in the tailor BODs and I made and turned in the smith ones and we had 24 GM or over smiths and 24 GM or over tailors, I (good ole Papa) ran all the BOD runs for all of our accounts for smith and tailor every danged 6 hours (without using any illegal "help").

Then they changed it to the accumulated timing which was wonderful but by that time I was burnt out.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I wasn't into the whole crafting thing when I first started playing...a few weeks into the game I ran into a Blacksmith who tried REALLY hard to convince me that Blacksmithing was fun! :/

Finally I begrudgingly gave in and said okay so...what's it all about?

Every day he would have me come over to his tiny blacksmith shop on the road south of Luna and fill his BOD's...BORING! lol but we talked while I was doing it...took me out mining....by the time I hit GM many MANY months later, he was at work...I made my first platemail gorget with my name on it and locked it down on his anvil...he was SO proud when he got home! And so was I! I was hooked from that day on...BOD's are fun...time consuming..I don't use the Bribe system, I just take what I get...I'm really liking this new system...it has given me a reason to collect BOD's again :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I wasn't into the whole crafting thing when I first started playing...a few weeks into the game I ran into a Blacksmith who tried REALLY hard to convince me that Blacksmithing was fun! :/

Finally I begrudgingly gave in and said okay so...what's it all about?

Every day he would have me come over to his tiny blacksmith shop on the road south of Luna and fill his BOD's...BORING! lol but we talked while I was doing it...took me out mining....by the time I hit GM many MANY months later, he was at work...I made my first platemail gorget with my name on it and locked it down on his anvil...he was SO proud when he got home! And so was I! I was hooked from that day on...BOD's are fun...time consuming..I don't use the Bribe system, I just take what I get...I'm really liking this new system...it has given me a reason to collect BOD's again :)
Me too, I was poo pooing this new BOD thing and now that I am into it, it's actually fun, oh my goodness!!! :rolleyes::cheerleader:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've already got 10 dyes in Alchemy. How flooded the market will be in one month is kind of disheartening. I didn't even have to script it.

I do like the bank system, however I do have a suggestion. If the BOD isn't bribed up if you complete it and turn it in you can bank 80% of its worth. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember if you turn-in a BOD and collect another BOD to replace it the 6 hr. timer gets reset to that time.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember if you turn-in a BOD and collect another BOD to replace it the 6 hr. timer gets reset to that time.
no, it doesn't. It stays at the time the 3rd/last regularly claimed BOD was claimed. I've turned in 200 BODs before, and by the time I'd gotten the 200 new BODs from turn in/claim new BOD, my timer was down to under 200 minutes.

It's still the same for the new BODs I tested. I went through about 10 small BODs I did from 3 tinkers (and 1 scribe, 1 cook, 1 alchemist, 1 carpenter, and 1 fletcher), and by the time I was done, the first tinker was around 4 hours left - and I was able to wait a couple minutes and get a new BOD with the scribe (because doing the earlier scribe and cook BODs had taken forever trying to track down ingredients).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no, it doesn't. It stays at the time the 3rd/last regularly claimed BOD was claimed. I've turned in 200 BODs before, and by the time I'd gotten the 200 new BODs from turn in/claim new BOD, my timer was down to under 200 minutes.

It's still the same for the new BODs I tested. I went through about 10 small BODs I did from 3 tinkers (and 1 scribe, 1 cook, 1 alchemist, 1 carpenter, and 1 fletcher), and by the time I was done, the first tinker was around 4 hours left - and I was able to wait a couple minutes and get a new BOD with the scribe (because doing the earlier scribe and cook BODs had taken forever trying to track down ingredients).
Will test again.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes this is true, the timer does NOT reset if you turn in and get a new BOD, thankfully :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Will test again.
Yes this is true, the timer does NOT reset if you turn in and get a new BOD, thankfully :)
WOW My char must have been bugged because before this patch every time I did Turn-In Bod runs The Bod timer always said 359 min till I could get my next bod, just did a BOD run and it says 171 minutes after getting my BOD for the filled BOD. And no I did nothing to the Char. TY Patch 95