• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Management

JellyBelly

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has any good techniques for organising all the BODs they get hold of? I have a series of BOD books full of them but find it hard to keep track of them.

Is it just down to my limited mental capacity and horrific organisational skills that I find this so difficult? Or do you all have this sort of trouble?

I would appreciate any help here - I may have to resort to pens, paper and a whole office full of little notes to myself which lets be honest looks a bit weird when your partner walks in to find you surrounded by post-it notes telling you how many leather bustiers you need to make...

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well now ill explain what i do. Now with bribe i have changed the way i did before :
1) i sort black and tailor in different books

Blacksmithing
2) now i sort all small iron bods all together (recycling for new bods), except 20x iron that ill bribe to dull copper for powder.
3) sort small 20x dull, 15x shadow and 10x shadow for powder into a book
4) then i sort all colored small bods into categories of platemail, ringmail and chainmail (i dont mind the material, because now with bribe is more important which piece is it than the type of ingot)
5) sort large bods of platemail, ringmail and chainmail each one in a different book.
5) now with what i have left unsorted, i check for small bods which give me runics, or which i can bribe for runics
6) and finally, if i have something left, i throw it to the rubbish because arent profitable.

Tailoring
2) sort 20n cloth (large and small) into a book for spined runics
3) throw to rubbish all the other large cloth bods, and keep all the other small cloth bods for recycling
4) for footwear, i know 4pieces large give spined but i dont mind about that one, i recycle all footwear of plain leather and throw to rubbish the colored one (isnt profitable)
4) the rest is similar to blacksmithing, i sort by type of armor

Its really a hard work to do it if you have a lot of bods unsorted (im still sorting my 20k collection T_T ), but once are sorted, its THE BEST way to have them, and when you need a runic, bless deed or whatever you need , its really simple to find what you need.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me always try to bribe 4x10n and 4x15n cloth to 4x20n cloth.
You may use 20ex cloth smalls to fill 20n large.
You may use any color footwear to fill cloth large.

Lucky Luke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you fill regular iron or cloth bods and turn them in for fresh ones? I see lot of people tossing them on floor in luna

JellyBelly

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the help guys - I guess it's just trial and error as to what works best for whom - my usual tactic with things is to blindly jump in and hope for the best and therefore I have things scattered all over the place =)

I'll make an effort to be organised

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
The whole system needs a redo with the BODS, we should we able to put the BODs filled/unfilled in to the books and they automatically fill into the LBODS, ORr even tho the gump allows it, be able to put BODS into the book and they get automatically put into order of size and material and item piece. Or have books that only allow a certain pieces of metal/dif ore to be put into the book and then have it all more sorted.

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
For the smithing BOD's i have found it easier to do several sorts on piles of un-organized BOD's:

1st sort: weapons - i get rid of all wep BOD's as they dont give the rewards i want - I then package these 20 - 30 at a time and sell them in BOD books for starting smiths
2nd sort: all small BOD's that will give me rewards i want immediately - namely, POF's and runics hammers (copper and greater)
3rd sort: all small BOD's that will get me those same rewards within 1 or 2 bribes
after that i sort according to armor type and Large v smalls

I have found that this website helps a TON in determining what BOD's i spend time and ingredients filling:

http://www.towerofroses.de/bods-srw.htm

As for tailor BOD's, arg i've currently got those sorted according to leather type and whether they fill a 6 item BOD or a 5 item BOD - been meaning to do a revamp on my tailor BOD's but havent been able to bring myself to work on it much, lol.

You will also find that turning in BOD's increases your town loyalty, so be sure and turn your BOD's in at the town you have loyalty to so you can get a town banner!

Good luck and have fun!!