• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD Changes

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where can I read up on the BOD changes that happened while I was away? I know absolutely nothing about BODs. I'm about to make a mule and would like to train using BODs nice and slow instead of grinding in one session. Any help or directions to sites would be very helpful. Thank you all.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you'd had any experience with the BODs before changes, the only real changes to the Smith & Tailor BODs is that all the randomness was removed, more rewards were added, and you can now pick lower rewards than the point value.

For example, the 20% chance of Powder of Fortifying from certain low-end BODs is gone, with the POF now acquirable 100% at the point value of the BODs (one reward level up) that used to give it 90% of the time - and the same point value will get you +5 mining gloves instead if you so choose (when the gloves used to be the other 10% of that BOD level, randomly).

I've a couple charts (linked to somewhere on Stratics) that gives each of the Smith and tailor items by the levels where you can gain on them, depending on what power scroll you've used. It makes a decent guide for training while filling BODs, as you can use those numbers to choose which BODs you can gain on while filling.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Got it, thanks. Banking points was confusing at first.