• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOAT GLITCH! BEWARE!

• Thread starter Crystal Canyon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Crystal Canyon

Yesterday, a friend and I attemped to access our boats for fishing. We were unable to recall to any of the 13 keys we had. In a last resort attempt, we also tried the copies of the keys in our bankboxes but, they didn't work either.

After reporting the problem and contacting a Gm, we were told that there was indeed a problem with all boats on Origin. The problem was that the keys to boats here no longer work.

If you cannot recall to your boat, don't simply think it has vanished, it is probably still there. Call a Gm and they will come, take you to your boat, allow you to remove everything from it, give you a new boat and transport you safely back home.

Good Luck and Happy Sailing! :)

M

Michael Wolf

I ran into this yesterday trying to refresh my boats. Fortunately they were both close enough to a shore to dry dock them. Do you know if they will work if I put them back in the water??

Thanks,
MW

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran into this yesterday trying to refresh my boats. Fortunately they were both close enough to a shore to dry dock them. Do you know if they will work if I put them back in the water??

Thanks,
MW
I believe they will work but, your are going to have to try it out. if it doesn't work contact a GM.

C

Crystal Canyon

Thanks,
MW
Im not sure if they will because the problem is actually with the keys, so even if you are able to place them back into the water, you probably wont be able to unlock them to access.

M

Michael Wolf

That's really strange because I was able to unlock both of them. I had to dry them because they were too far from the shore to board them, just that one tile difference where I could dry dock it but not get on it. So I locked them up and dry docked them. Fortunately they were both empty. And when you dry dock them it destroys the old key, so maybe putting them back will create a new working key. I'll test it tonight if I have time.

Thanks,
MW

C

Crystal Canyon

That's really strange because I was able to unlock both of them. I had to dry them because they were too far from the shore to board them, just that one tile difference where I could dry dock it but not get on it. So I locked them up and dry docked them. Fortunately they were both empty. And when you dry dock them it destroys the old key, so maybe putting them back will create a new working key. I'll test it tonight if I have time.

Thanks,
MW
Well the Gm that came to my rescue told me the problem was with the keys not working properly and he in fact, did destroy all my boats and gave me new deeds to replace them.

Initially when I would try the keys I would get the message that This key is not accessable or too far away.

Possibly, your boats were not affected by the glitch.

M

Michael Wolf

Oh they were definitely affected, I couldn't recall off the keys like I usually do. I had to actually find where I left them and then I was able to unlock them but they just too far from the shore to board from where I was. Normally I just recal around and refresh them.

C

Crystal Canyon

Oh they were definitely affected, I couldn't recall off the keys like I usually do. I had to actually find where I left them and then I was able to unlock them but they just too far from the shore to board from where I was. Normally I just recal around and refresh them.
You should definitely call a Gm and have them replace your boats while they are still in the mood! LOL. EA replacing lost or broken items doesnt happen very often, so if I were you I would take advantage of their kindness. I know, I for one, was very grateful they stepped up and helped out.

M

Michael Wolf

Well Dry docking them fixed the issue. I kinda figured since it destroys all keys when you do it. I put them back in the water and the new keys worked fine. Was able to unlock the boats, board them from the shore and recal onto them using the keys. Think I save myself the time of waiting on a GM.