• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Blood Spider Wings (CLOSED)

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selling Blood Spider Wings. This was an Event item from Legends Shard, the only one in existance to my knowledge. Starting Bid is 1 billion uo gold. Auction will end Friday Aug 15 at 5pm central. Item is located on Atlantic Shard. Anyone interested?

Blood_Spider_Wings_Mar_2013.jpg

Last edited:

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
After spending a few weeks watching the threads, I've developed a formula for pricing items via stratics.

itemValue:=@ManticoreOffer*2;

Nice item btw :>

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am willing to sell this item, however I have no clue how one goes about selling this type of item for in game gold. I have been scammed several times so my trust tolerance is at zero. Price will be 1 billion gold..payment will be made by buying 5 runes off my vendor for 175 mil each and 1 rune for 125 mil after all runes have been purchaced the item will be turned over to the buyer by me. If anyone is in agreement with these terms let me know. Thank you.

If bids are higher extra runes will be used for payment. Bidding will end Friday Aug 15, 2014 5 pm central.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Might I suggest you use a Bod book and Bods in place of the runes. Using a bod book will not charge you vendor fees. It also allows the buyer to keep the bod book gump open, recall to their vendor (If on the same facet) and buy all the bods, reload gold, buy bod etc. Makes it a lot easier....just sayin'

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Demon Wind - There are many trusted brokers in this game. None of which would ruin their name over a billion gold (myself included) and many of them don't charge. I understand this can be subjective, but I promise - there are still a few trustworthy people in UO! o_O

Pampa DH

Lore Master
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So is the reserve 1b or is that the buyout?

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Hmmm... I read it as the start/reserve is 1 billion, and that the auction goes until Friday, 5PM central.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it sounds as though it's a buyout at first, but the line "If bids are higher extra runes will be used for payment. Bidding will end Friday Aug 15, 2014 5 pm central" confims it as an auction.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
need to apologize, i did not notice the final line on her post a few lines down from what i read so it seems it is a reserve and not a b/o of 1 billiob.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as for the trust issue mentioned, brokers can be used but are normally there to protect the buyer. as the seller the trustworthiness is pretty much all on you since the buyer will be paying before the item is handed over. if the buyer requests a broker then one that is trusted by both the buyer and seller needs to be used.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all your comments are great. I have not really done anything like this before so I appreciate your comments. Yes, I apologize I am selling it and 1 bil is starting price ending Friday. Thanks for all your help :)

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as for the trust issue mentioned, brokers can be used but are normally there to protect the buyer. as the seller the trustworthiness is pretty much all on you since the buyer will be paying before the item is handed over. if the buyer requests a broker then one that is trusted by both the buyer and seller needs to be used.
I've never brokered a payment that wasn't mutually beneficial for both parties involved (Meaning they both agreed to use my services- and my services are free). I understand where you might see the buyer as the beneficiary in the situation, but that is actually backwards. As a seller/broker, I will not allow a brokered sale with someone that I have no context of. As the owner of the item, you have the upper hand - therefore you control the sale. That's how you can make rules as to the purchase of items, etc... Same thing goes with Auctions across the board - even stratics boards...

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you for a quick smooth trade!