• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Blessed Items and tags...

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I did a clarifying post awhile back about blessed clothing/wearables in a response to a question about origin of these items.
http://stratics.com/community/threads/double-blessed-victoria-secret-pants.328535/#post-2480056
In that article i explained a few (not all) of the different types of tags that have come into play over the years of UO. Recently I've been receiving some in game grief from a single player who keeps telling me i'm wrong about my posts. I thought I would use this post to clarify my findings from others facts, not just my own.
This is in no way malicious towards any one person. Since no names are mentioned, no names need to be added. Simply, I'm asking for clarity since I'm being told i'm wrong, so here is the question...

Where does the blessed tag originate in this style of "Double Blessed" hat.
questionable skullcap.jpg

I know what my answer is based on my past with UO and this particular bug, but I would like to read someone else saying it for verification. I want to make sure that I am correct in my assessment and objectify my validity.

To make sure you understand what I am asking, I am not looking at any other type of item besides the crafted double blessed item with both "blessed" being white. I know where these two types below origiate, as they are actually considered true double blessed items in separate categories and the blessed tags are seen as one yellow, one white.
tribal.jpg made by.jpg

Someone want to answer my question??
Thanks for looking and i am excited to hear your responses.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my travels the bottom two are true blessed blessed.

Top well being someone had (blessed) in there name... Still rare but are a result of someone adding that to there name.. Which you can't do no more. At least that is how i understand it. I don't collect the white blessed just cuz its not my style.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
In my travels the bottom two are true blessed blessed.

Top well being someone had (blessed) in there name... Still rare but are a result of someone adding that to there name.. Which you can't do no more. At least that is how i understand it. I don't collect the white blessed just cuz its not my style.

Ok, then the next big question... Is there any other way to get that type of item besides the name bug?

@azmodanb that was my answer as well - based on my experience,. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss another opportunity to get this item: the name bug is the only way I know those items can exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has always been my understanding as well that it was a player character's name from a long time ago. Some people swear some are from an "event", I forget the particular name.

I've heard a few people debate that those characters are hidden away, alive and can still craft items.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When you first create a character, there was no way to add symbols to your name. However I know there were bugs with name change tokens, but this doesn't mean adding a symbol was possible. Another possibility is an event moderator, a seer, or a GM may have created them for whatever excuse.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Assia Penryn - I've heard that as well, but never with any validity to the items.

@Nails Warstein - I've heard that as well. I don't personally have proof, but I have seen - in game- characters with the (blessed) tag after their name - when the bug was recently found. I've also heard of the seers, mods, and gm's creating stuff - and we know anything is possible with what's been seen over the years. My only thought to that would be the many variations of this type. With so many names (I've seen over 50name variations) you would think (but not know for sure) that this is majority - player based.

I love the input! You guys are great!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doesnt supsoc have a period or comma or something in his name you cant get anymore? Theres so many of these items out there that i highly doubt all were EM created and have always been in the understanding that at one time character names could be made with ( ) in the name.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Personally, I've not paid a ton of attention to it over the years, so I don't really know. However, I'm aware of one person - not the one unmentioned here - who does not have "(blessed)" in her name, yet has a handful of items crafted by "her name (blessed)". She says she crafted them several years ago, but didn't do anything out of the ordinary to craft them, as far as she recalls. It's hearsay, and I never had anything like that hit anything I crafted, but... if this person is to believed, and I have no reason not to, perhaps there is/was another way it could get in there?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That brings up an interesting question because the friend I mentioned earlier, who had the (blessed) in his name, was force fixed by a GM. By the same means that they fixed the colored swamped armor - so if you have never logged in on that character, it should still read, but if login happens, the name was automatically fixed. (Swamped was based on - if dismounted). I have never heard of a random (blessed) just appearing on clothing.

Anyone know of a blessed item bug or an npc bug that gave the title?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Perhaps a dumb thought, but about the only thing I can think of... Say it's however many years ago, you're sitting at the WBB on your crafter, and someone casts bless on you. I wonder if there ever was a situation like that where "(blessed)" would be stored as part of your character info somehow, and transferred from there to the item you were crafting...

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Anything is possible!