• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blessed Bag

Wilma

Adventurer
Is it possible to use a bless deed on a bag or backpack and then anything you put into that bag or backpack be protected in case of death? Kind of like the First Aid Belt. The bandages are still in the belt even after death.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no but that would be cool. the PVPers wouldn't allow for that to happen :sad3:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it possible to use a bless deed on a bag or backpack and then anything you put into that bag or backpack be protected in case of death? Kind of like the First Aid Belt. The bandages are still in the belt even after death.
We cannot use bless deeds on containers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. I knew that, just messing with Garth. We can't bless any container. They have to begin blessed.

You can rub the anti pilfer totem, and nothing will be stolen by a mob.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
they did give us the purple chalice reward.
prevents items from being looted for an hour?

i have one but never remember to use it !

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
umm ya no they tend to frown on that, got a month long suspension many many years ago for that, well for that and having a portable forge, course now we have fire beetles how ironic is that.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So who will buy Undertaker staff then ?
Death of a character should have some consequences.
You can allow your party to loot your corpse and bring you your items.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Now we know people against the easy button would never use a first aid belt or such thing..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Now we know people against the easy button would never use a first aid belt or such thing..
I am using first aid belts . Got em on several shards.
Things that we want are not always things that we need.
There is already huge easy button in game called Test Server. Do people actually play there even they are allowed to do so ?
I never had even one Undertaker staff. I am not proud of it in any way, I just don't find any reason to buy it . Either with gold or sovereign.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am using first aid belts . Got em on several shards.
Things that we want are not always things that we need.
There is already huge easy button in game called Test Server. Do people actually play there even they are allowed to do so ?
I never had even one Undertaker staff. I am not proud of it in any way, I just don't find any reason to buy it . Either with gold or sovereign.
I agree. 95% of stuff is insurable. At the end of the day there should be something people could potentially lose, otherwise there is no real impact of dying besides losing insurance money. It's your own fault if you lose an insurable item bc you didn't insure it. The consumables are a dime a dozen but you really don't even need to buy them if you just play the game ("new" content) and loot some corpses.

Ever since the beginning of UO (before insurance), I've always picked up stacks of resources (reags/potions/bandaids/etc) from loot (mainly PvP but also PvM). The result has been that, after the first year or 2, I never really had to buy any consumable ever again. Obviously things have changed with reags since we got LRC (I don't really loot reags anymore) but it's still the same with other stuff. During the Deceit event you could get plenty of bandaids from mummies and the Destard event netted me 60k+ in arrows off the centaurs (to the point I stopped looting arrows). That was "new" content working towards drops but the side effect was consumable stuff that you stockpile so you don't need to worry about dying and losing a stack of 500 or 1k.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bought one some years ago now, and have only used it once or twice. Because even when I should of used it I have forgotten I had it.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There used to be blessed bags and it wouldn’t surprise me if some escaped the hotfix, tho I really hope not. Part of a quest line gave players a blessed bag to deliver. If you didn’t complete the quest, you kept the bag. Players were abusing the heck out if it, esp in PvP... fight, kill folks, all loot goes in the bag. Eventually they’d die but leave empty corpses, leaving the victors scratching their heads wondering where their loot was. Eventually someone figured it out by snooping PvPers and seeing the blessed bags. IIRC it got reported pretty fast and hotfixed.

Not a good thing to have in this game imho. It ruined large fight for all but those with bags and seriously broke game play. I remember numerous times defending champs hearing in vent ‘Anyone got spare pots? None of these guys have any loot when they die !?!’