• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorns Exemplar?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this item a part of the eight pieces that make up the virtue suit? I just got it dropped in my pack a few minutes ago but it doesn't seem to fit the suit.

G

No, there's no shield or weapon in the suit.

The eight pieces are helm, gloves, sleeves, gorget, tunic, legs, sollerettes (shoes) and cloak. The cloak is not a dungeon drop, it's obtained through a quest.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright thanks. So then its just a little added bonus to my solo dungeon crawl huh? Thats cool.

G

There are a number of items that you can get in this way, they were introduced to mark UO's 10th anniversary and are only in the 'anti virtue' dungeons (covetous, deceit, despise, destard, hythloth, shame). Here's the full list:

* Katrina's Crook
* Jaana's Staff
* Dragon's End
* Sentinel's Guard
* Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar
* Helm of Spirituality
* Gorget of Honesty
* Breastplate of Justice
* Arms of Compassion
* Gauntlets of Valor
* Legs of Honor
* Solaretes of Sacrifice
* Ankh Pendant
* UO Logo Sculpture
* Map of Britannia

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

There are a number of items that you can get in this way, they were introduced to mark UO's 10th anniversary and are only in the 'anti virtue' dungeons (covetous, deceit, despise, destard, hythloth, shame). Here's the full list:

* Katrina's Crook
* Jaana's Staff
* Dragon's End
* Sentinel's Guard
* Helm of Spirituality
* Gorget of Honesty
* Breastplate of Justice
* Arms of Compassion
* Gauntlets of Valor
* Legs of Honor
* Solaretes of Sacrifice
* Ankh Pendant
* UO Logo Sculpture
* Map of Britannia

[/ QUOTE ]

Click here for more information. These are known as the Virtue Artifacts, or as the 10th Anniversary items.

-Galen's player

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

* Katrina's Crook
* Jaana's Staff
* Dragon's End
* Sentinel's Guard
* Helm of Spirituality
* Gorget of Honesty
* Breastplate of Justice
* Arms of Compassion
* Gauntlets of Valor
* Legs of Honor
* Solaretes of Sacrifice
* Ankh Pendant
* UO Logo Sculpture
* Map of Britannia

[/ QUOTE ] Awsome. I know that I'll be spending my UO time now putting the smack down on OL's and trolls to get the items

K

kingbink

Any idea how many / type of monsters to kill to get the reward? I've been killing OL's for months to get (and keep) the Lady title and I've never seen one of these rewards.

Maybe i'm doing it all wrong?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are you killing the OL's? I am spending alot of the time hunting in Shame myself. The kills you make must happen in an "anti-virtue" dungeon such as Shame,Despise,Wrong ect ect.

G

you have to kill monsters in these dungoens only :
covetous, deceit, despise, destard, hythloth, shame, wrong

Killing artic OLs in ice passage gets you nothing.

K

kingbink

I've usually been in Level 3 of Despise. There's a few good spawns there and plenty of room to run. the loot is kinda weak though.

G

ok you are in a virtue drop dungeon, so you can get a drop.

next question how are you killing monsters?

You can not be in hiding, while tanking your pets, or evs, earth elementals on them. You must stay on the same screen as your pets/evs/earth elementals, you can not order your pets/evs/ee to attack then run off screen to a safe corner.

K

kingbink

<blockquote><hr>

You can not be in hiding, while tanking your pets, or evs, earth elementals on them. You must stay on the same screen as your pets/evs/earth elementals, you can not order your pets/evs/ee to attack then run off screen to a safe corner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well when you put it that way it sounds like a chicken kind of way to play UO!

(and yes, I typically cast EV's and move away to med. ha)

Does it make a difference what type of monsters I'm killing?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you get more points, the higher the fame of the creature.
you get more chances per creature killed.

For a mage casting EVs, you might want to pull up the OL's health bar, and charge in when it is about to drop - risk one or two hits, but if you are standing by it when it drops, you get more points than from standing back - if you're a screen-width away, you'll get no points from even the highest fame creatures; same goes for beign invisible.

G

higher fame monsters give more points

but higher fame monster take longer to kill. plus they might kill you if they hit, since your running a mage, I am guessing your resists are not that great, you focusing on mana regen, lrc, lmc, etc.

lets say OL give 100 points each one you kill how long does it take you to kill one?

now let say a lizardman is 5 points each, how long to kill one? plus if a lizardman hits you, I guessing he will not do much damage. I am willing to bet that you can kill more lizardmen in lets say 30 minutes than you can OLs?

the faster you can kill, the faster your points add up.

go upstairs from the ol in despise and fight the lizardman spawns, just cast your evs or whatever you are using and run circles around them, the respawn fast enough and they are not going to kill you if you keep running unless you let 5 or more surround you.
but you should be in trammel so you can run through them if that happens.

I did keep track of how many monsters I need to drop one item when I was fighting Cyclopean Warriors, Titans, and Ettins in despise. I killed approximately 105 Warriors, 66 Titans, 30 Ettins for one virtue item. So it takes awhile.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] Good to know that I will earn more "points" if I am closer to the OL. I usualy stay about 8-10 tiles away. Close enough to keep the agro on me and off my EV's but far away enough so I wont get hit. Gonna have to try the 1-2 tile thing tomorrow.

I

imported_onthefifty

i found killing low level monsters in large quantities to be better than killing ogre lords on the island.

goto despise and clean out the lizard men on the upper level, drop down and kill the ettins/eles. than recall out and kill everything in deceit to the bone knights.

by that time the lizard men will refresh and you can rinse and repeat. i have done this and gotten many items since the inception of the anniversary. you should not have much competition as this event seems largely forgotten due to the moonglow event and maginica before it.

K

kingbink

Ok, so I went up stairs to level 1 of Despise to kill these lizards.... boring, but productive. within about 15 kills I got a reward. a fantastic 10th Anniversary Sculpture.

lame.

Is there a limit to how many awards you can get per day?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The scupture is NOT lame - it's one of the better rewards.

You can double-click it once a day for a 1-hour luck boost....

the boost is 50*account age (in years) + 200 or 300. That doubles the luck or more on characters not specifically wearing a luck suit. And, for an older account character in a luck suit, it can put their luck close to 2000.

K

kingbink

Ha. i just realized you can click on it and increase luck. So that's kinda neat. There's a 700 point limit on the increase, but that's pretty high w/ no suit.
so i take back the "lame" comment.

Is there a limit to the number of virtue items you can get in a day?

G

no limit,

you are only limited in how long you wish to stay in any of the dungeons where you can get drops.

Most I have gotten lately (last month or so) was 5 or 6 but I was in the dungeons just about all day (around 10 hours or so)

K

kingbink

Aweseome! Thanks all for the info!!

(And after an hour of this 700 luck bonus thing, I do very much take back the "lame" comment about the 10 year reward. This thing is cool!!!)