• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackrock Automation?

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still awaiting TC to copy char with BR Automaton there to test it, cause i dont want to sacrifice 1 BRA to bond it to wrong character.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finaly i've got the copy on TC and performed round 1 of new "improved" automaton

At this 1-st attempt my not-trained BR automaton was slayed by GD rather fast but i've found few problems (at the end of message)At the start i've 2-clicked automaton head at luna bank and it was created "SOMETHERE", but not at luna bank, If this happens not at TC then i'got heart attack 100% :) . I've relogged and it appears near me. Stats are dosnt differ from usual automaton and they resist is bit lower than Valorite version .
I've started from destard and killed few drakes, usual dragons -skills starts to rise, and initiated the mortal combat with Greater Dragon. My repairing heal at 140 dex was 4sec (why not 2 sec???).Finally i've loged out too slow and got Broken head of BRAutomat in my backpack.

And now problems began:

1) You need 75 pieces of blackrock to repair it (resurect).
As i remember small pieces of blackrock are unstackable - so this is a problem. May bee some other type of blackrock is fits well ( Crystaline Blackrock ?). Unfortunately i got no some types of Blackrock at this character at TC.
If only small pieces of blackrock are fits this task - then it MUST bee stackable

2) You can only put this Broken head to bank (not in some house chest etc.) BUT it still occupy 4 slots

3) Animal trainers at stable always try to ressurect my Broken Auto but cant.

4) Annoying "Low Pet Life" warning at EC when the pet is dead / gone when head placed in the bank/.

Now i got no clues what is it "Improved" it BR automatons at 95 patch release.
I will perform Second attempt tomorrow.

Pictures! :
BR automat 1.png

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
... OK, that too is bad. :|
Even more so needing 75 pieces of blackrock to repair it.
I guess I can stop worrying too much about getting it then.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Small pieces of blackrock DO STACK now! It's an unannounced change in Pub 95. I believe there's are 3 different stacks in total.

Needing 75 of them is a little silly though.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Main question still dosnt solved :
What is the difference between Blackrock automaton and Crafted automaton???
What kind of "Improvement" are made in Specials and Accuracy???

May bee @Kyronix whisper smth in to this thread?

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Blackrock Automaton is improved using SPM rate from normal. It also has Armor Pierce SPM.
It lose damage bonus from wrestling mastery(x2 to NPC) when it used SPM(Paralyzing Blow, Disarm, Armor Pierce).
Totally blackrock automaton is deteriorated DPS.

It must be worth for 1200 points.

Sorry,I lied.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got some test of BR automat for PvP.
There is some aspect /probably also related to crafted Automats/ what GREATLY reduce BR automaton usability in PvP:
Now, if automaton performs Paralyze blow OR Disarm OR Armor Pierce, then there is no damage to target player from this blow.

This especially strange for Pierce Armor - cause this special was introduced like some kind of "Improvement" related to crafted version of Automaton, but, instead this is total disadvantage for BR automaton - it is like a automaton did one more miss hit and instead got +10% damage for all damage to target next 3 sec.
Armor Pierce itself is VERY weak special, and in this Automaton version it is real downgrade for BR automaton.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
The special move of the monster version decides success or failure independently from normal attack.This means that a special move will be rolled out at the same time as a normal attack.
In addition, this special move will surely demonstrate its effect even if a normal attack fails.
This is the behavior that is happening in all cases.It is not limited to BR automaton.

In the above case, BR automaton is not doing no damage, it's just doesn't hit the normal attack.

Anyway,If you want to prevent monsters' special move, you should drain a monster's mana instead of raising evasion.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The special move of the monster version decides success or failure independently from normal attack.This means that a special move will be rolled out at the same time as a normal attack.
In addition, this special move will surely demonstrate its effect even if a normal attack fails.
This is the behavior that is happening in all cases.It is not limited to BR automaton.

In the above case, BR automaton is not doing no damage, it's just doesn't hit the normal attack.

Anyway,If you want to prevent monsters' special move, you should drain a monster's mana instead of raising evasion.
I've performed more test and i belive what BearCorpse hypothesis about performing special without hit is right.
My first test was with 120 sw/bush/parry charаcter and BRA hited mee rather seldom. Now i droped parry and found what Special+damage hits are exist :) .

But this is dosnt change my opinion what added Armor Pierce SM is disgrade for BRA.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am holding onto the filled BOD that would get one of these.

I cant lore my normal one so I cant compare it to anything here.

The 75 blackrock to repair is a heavy price. The small blackrock has 12 shape variations. I only have 35 total pieces.

Are these better than the other ones?

Does the head stay black when you make it?

If not a black head, what automaton does it look like?

When resurrected does it get new attribute values?

Do they go wild? If so, where do they go? Do they start attacking stuff or does stuff attack them?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Has anybody played around with these since?
Thinking about building one for my Tinker

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I built mine and used it on my tinker. Her fame is over 20000 still, so I have not used it since. I used another toon to discord Artic Ogre Lord.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
having the 75 blackrock to rez it sucks, especailly on a shard you don't have a miner on. they arent that much better than regular kotl golems, so i would go with those(the heal time on it sucks, takes a long time to repair them, and you have to keep ingots on you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's why I discorded. Mine didn't die. Blackrock is for pet food.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the thread resurrected let me note : For PvP they got nerfed to hell a few years back. They took a nerf bat to the face initially bc folks complained they were OP then later the PvP pets patch came out which reduced all pet damage in PvP & rendered them obsolete. Currently, u’d have equal success in PvP using an untrained chicken.