• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Tower Guild

• Thread starter Lightningstrike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lightningstrike

Hail friends,
As you all can see, I am rather new to the Stratics forums. I would like to know what your experiences have been with our Black Tower guild, either good or bad. I know that I am opening myself up to some negative coments but I ask that replies remain professional. Please let me know what you think of our guild. Both good replies and constructive criticism will be welcomed. Thank You.

T

Tazar

For a long time, I had a very negative opinion of Black Tower. This was from claim jumping during events like the Treasures of Tokuno, and from a lack of common courtesies like saying Thank You after being ressed, then being totally ignored when I needed a res a short time later. The group came across as downright rude and arrogant.

There were two exceptions to this: Cherry Delite (spelling?) and I can't remember the other name, but I used to see him alone in Doom a lot.

Recently, I have noticed a change in the guild. This may be new members, new rules, or just a new outlook. The members seem to be working together with strangers better and showing respect for other players more than in the past. The group has been healing and ressing at events, etc. I hope this trend continues.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I generally have only had neutral/positive experiences. I used to spawn with [*] and *VA. Always had good times and fun spawns.

I know you two had a falling out but i was always a neutral friendly party in ZOG.

Not a lot of personality though. I cant remember one word a black tower member has ever said. Though you all disbanded for a while. Glad to see you all up and running. Ive been noticing you all around more these days.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah Dude... why ask a question when you know because of the ROC if folks has had a negative run in with the guild they couldn't post about it here...

T

Tazar

ah Dude... why ask a question when you know because of the ROC if folks has had a negative run in with the guild they couldn't post about it here...
It's not what you say... it's how you say it. If it was that negative that you feel it breaks the ROC, you can always send it in a PM rather than on the public forum. PM's are subject to the ROC, but as long as you don't make personal threats in a PM, you are usually OK.

C

Caldwin_DDP

Last night after finishing a boss at Humility I found my BoS missing and realized I hadn't recovered my corpse. My corpse was beyond where the little road picks up. I went out to it and discovered I couldn't recover it all because I was too heavy. So I dropped 50K gold on the ground whereupon Hellboy quickly ran over and liberated it. Even though I saw him minutes later at Valor I didn't say anything, I figured he must need it.

And that's just last night! So, I answered your question. Would you answer one for me? Why do you ask?

D

Draken-Korin

No opinion on any guilds out there but my own really. Live and let live, thats the beauty of the mmopgaming world seeing so many varying styles.

As to the last poster the only thing I would have said after I dropped 50k on the ground to claim the items off my corpse is to myself, saying "Ya damn fool should have just dropped 5k or so, THEN grabbed my stuff". *oh well: shrugs*

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only interaction i really had with black tower was a few years ago when i was fishing on your island, and a bunch of the guild members seemed mad that i was on this "secret island" and was being yelled at to leave.

I thought it was kinda funny, and still do. Glad to see the guild is becoming active again :)

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Tazar post on 6/18
Thank you for your reply.
The Black Tower guild will continue to help all of our friends and allies.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Cear Dallben Dragon post on 6/19
Indeed good times old friend however the Black Tower guild has never disbanded. You are welcome to continue to hunt with us.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Illegal Means post on 6/19
Read Tazars answer to your post and please let us know whats on your mind.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Caldwin post on 6/19
No he did not need it and well hmm... Leaving 50K on the ground will be picked up by anyone. You did not explain the situation to Hellboy so thats why he got that 50K. Id be happy to return it to you x 7 for your needs. I must agree with Draken-Korins first three words from his quote on his post under yours.
The answer to your question is because I am curious.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Draken-Korin on 6/19
Thank You for your reply.
I agree and well said.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't pick up 50k on the ground...

Well I would but I'd remain there a good 20 minutes if I can... and if its too tough I would go every 5 minutes to refresh it from decaying, and take it only after.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Smoot on 6/19

Thank you for your reply

You are welcome anytime to come fish off our island friend.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Dragkarh on 6/21

Thank you for your reply

You confuse us for someone else. You have not been here for several months so posting just to post is well...

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Ahuaeyjnkxs on 6/22

Thank you for your reply

I am confused, you would not but you would? Which is it? Wait 20 mins by the 50K? Refresh it every 5 mins? Really?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of it, don't even bother with the subtelties !

I would take it and leave it there at the same time !

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Negative experience.
UWF and BT
Happened during the whole ship scuttling in tram thing.
Of course degraded quickly into retaliations and retaliations for those retaliations, so members of my guild are most likely not above reproach with the incident.
Believe it started with a BT member's personal grudge (former member of UWF) but I am sure who started what is certainly up for great (but childish) debate.
Ended with the bug fix patch for it by the devs.
Left sour taste though with me and some in my guild.
Live and let live..no opinion or interactions afterwards

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Negative experience.
UWF and BT
Happened during the whole ship scuttling in tram thing.
Of course degraded quickly into retaliations and retaliations for those retaliations, so members of my guild are most likely not above reproach with the incident.
Believe it started with a BT member's personal grudge (former member of UWF) but I am sure who started what is certainly up for great (but childish) debate.
Ended with the bug fix patch for it by the devs.
Left sour taste though with me and some in my guild.
Live and let live..no opinion or interactions afterwards
^^This

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to TullyMars

Thank you for you reply

Ah yes I remember that. Im sorry but that was some funny stuff. One of our ships singe handedly scuttled 20-25 other ships that day. Just playing the game man not our fault the Devs messed up on that. Id speak to the Devs about it if it upset you that much.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reply to TullyMars

Thank you for you reply

Ah yes I remember that. Im sorry but that was some funny stuff. One of our ships singe handedly scuttled 20-25 other ships that day. Just playing the game man not our fault the Devs messed up on that. Id speak to the Devs about it if it upset you that much.
Yes, one of your Orc Ships scuttled over 20 unattended and or fishing ships.

As you say, great fun... yep, that's just how your guild members play the game. Nothing to see here people, move along, just some regular game play exploiting a bug... that's just who we are...

Nice, really nice. You should be proud.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to be.. like that.

I'm the only one allowed to be like that on here.

You say it yourself, move along... then you compound your idea with a contradiction.

Heck for all we know they might have had the bad intention in the first place and you whining about it only encourages them.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Can't say I have a positive impression, myself. But I'm happy to be persuaded otherwise.

Y

young

Yes, one of your Orc Ships scuttled over 20 unattended and or fishing ships.

As you say, great fun... yep, that's just how your guild members play the game. Nothing to see here people, move along, just some regular game play exploiting a bug... that's just who we are...

Nice, really nice. You should be proud.
if u go back uwf was on there boats when i scuttled them i took all theres out before they could scuttle me haha mess with th best die like uwf

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
UWF is a purely PvM guild and I doubt that they anticipated an attack in Trammel. Your report is hardly miraculous.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to retrorider

Thank you for your reply

Obviously you were not there. All the ships Young took down were in honorable combat with multiple ships attacking his at the same time! And yes for that we are proud to have survived an attack by 4-5 ships at the same time and scuttle them. It would be wise to be informed of the actual events that took place before posting. Please be more informed on your next personal attack on our guild. The post you made does not make you look too wise. Facts are important before posting.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
UWF had unattended ships parked outside of their guild house. These unattended ships were scuttled by Black Tower members. The event that Young described may have happened precisely as you described it. He may not have been personally involved in the incident Retrorider described. However, there absolutely were unattended UWF ships scuttled by Black Tower members.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Ahuaeyjnkxs

Thank you for your reply

Our only intention was that of self defense on a single ship vs 4-5 other ships attacking ours at the same time. The outcome was that we came out on the winning end of those encounters. Im guessing the whining stems from embaressment that one ship took out 20-25.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Syrus

Thank you for your reply

The Black Tower Guild does not aim to please or persuade, we defend and stand up for our own. That is what keeps us strong.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Syrus post 2 and 3

Thank you for your reply

The Balck Tower guild ship was initially attacked by UWF (which was unsucessful) so, all UWF ships were fair game after that . The Black Tower guild is a peaceful guild but we will stand up for ourselves against anyone.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The Balck Tower guild ship was initially attacked by UWF (which was unsucessful) so, all UWF ships were fair game after that . The Black Tower guild is a peaceful guild but we will stand up for ourselves against anyone.
This assessment is inaccurate. I even know the name of the Black Tower player who began the hostilities. The player was a disgruntled former UWFer who was asked to leave the UWF for inventing drama.

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Syrus post 4

Thank you for your reply

Enlighten me, what is his/her name?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That would breach Stratics' RoC. Regardless, my general impression of Black Tower has been confirmed.

Best of luck to your guild. I mean that sincerely. We may not see eye to eye, but I respect your defense of your people.

Y

young

did i do thaaaaat :eyes: im good come get some , thats why im hated , all because i can play the game , dont hate the game hate meeeeeeee lol lol lol :fight::eyes::party:

Y

young

This assessment is inaccurate. I even know the name of the Black Tower player who began the hostilities. The player was a disgruntled former UWFer who was asked to leave the UWF for inventing drama.
and for your info i was never in united we fight i started it and finished it so get the facts right i made it a porpose to scuttle all i could before they fixed the bug me young aka forman so u must not have been there it was me cherry anna bobo so get the facts right

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to Syrus final post

Thank you for your reply

No name I see. You are correct, we do not see eye to eye. The Black Tower guild, we defend our own and stand as one. Many have tried and all have failed.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
and for your info i was never in united we fight i started it and finished it so get the facts right i made it a porpose to scuttle all i could before they fixed the bug me young aka forman so u must not have been there it was me cherry anna bobo so get the facts right
I never stated that you were in UWF, nor did I implicate you in the event accounted above.

Y

young

UWF had unattended ships parked outside of their guild house. These unattended ships were scuttled by Black Tower members. The event that Young described may have happened precisely as you described it. He may not have been personally involved in the incident Retrorider described. However, there absolutely were unattended UWF ships scuttled by Black Tower members.
yea i found them sitting there and i scuttled them all by myself ty and a good job i did

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This seems pretty convenient of a publicity...

starts off as many people saying that one ship scuttled 20 unnatended boats, then mr.(mrs?) I'm good comes bragging like it was 1999 and people had something to prove ?

I missed a part here... or did I ? :dunce:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
yea i found them sitting there and i scuttled them all by myself ty and a good job i did
Congratulations. Doubtless, the tillermen were awed by your unmatched prowess and cunning. However, this was not the event that I was discussing above.

Y

young

Congratulations. Doubtless, the tillermen were awed by your unmatched prowess and cunning. However, this was not the event that I was discussing above.
if u were atacked im sure it was me i scutted all boats that i could thta was blocking the doc and then i started atacking every ship i saw uwf took my pirate so i went on rampage and scuttled everyone one i saw in uwf so it was me but be profes and take some cheeeeese with that wine

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We get it... you are proud.

This is not mainstream media you don't need to repeat something 10 times for people to beleive it.

Y

young

but all is good black tower is a good guild we do everything in game which some guilds cant they to scared to do fel we r not we do fel tram pvp pvm and that is a guild that all should have 1 that does it all we pay for the game to be able to do all if u r in a guild thats scared to doit all u not getting ur moneys worth long live Black Tower Guild :party::thumbup::eyes:

L

Lightningstrike

Reply to young

Thank you for your post

Well said friend and Long Live The Black Tower Guild!!!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are thanking your own guildmember for posting in your thread ?

Oh my oh my what an obvious bunch :drool:

They pay for the game right ?

And right now who pays can hack, cheat, script, sell items for real cash...

You pay for the whole thing, money owns all...

right ? Or at least it makes a nice smokescreen...

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arggh...did I ever tell you about the time...

*smiles*

I think this has served its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.