• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Black Natural Dye

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

is anyone of you selling black natural dye? Couldn't find one anywhere yesterday. Thanks.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some. i think 6.
Every bottle ( 5 charges) is 300k.
If you want all my 6 bottle there is 1,6 milliojn ( a little discount)
Cya

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some. i think 6.
Every bottle ( 5 charges) is 300k.
If you want all my 6 bottle there is 1,6 milliojn ( a little discount)
Cya
300k seems a little bit too much for me, even if there are people who may pay even more. Thanks anyway.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
300k is a fair price for black stains. To get the seeds you must do the naturalist quest or cross pollinate plants. You might get the black seed on the first try - or the twentieth. Then you have to grow the seed into a plant, tending it every day. To make the stain, you need to use silver serpent venom and an alchemist. Given the skills required and the work involved, not to mention the fact that it takes a week, 300k seems pretty reasonable.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen serveral vendors (outside Luna) selling them at 25k? Unfortunately they're sold out.
How do you know they sell em at 25k if they are sold out?
Anyway i see several different colours for around 25k but i still havnt found Black's that cheap.

my 2 cents

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen serveral vendors (outside Luna) selling them at 25k? Unfortunately they're sold out.

Sounds like someone either doesn't value their own time or does a fair few IDOC's, picking up the stains along the way and bypassing the time consuming bit.

I'm afraid I can only tell you what I know; it takes a minimum of 8 days to craft just one, 5 use flask, of the stains, from when you plant the seed to when you can cut up the plant and turn it into a stain. You must also take into account the time required to do the quests to get the seeds, or the cross pollinations to get the mutated black seed, the time to tend the plant, every single day for 8 days, the potions used on the plant, the time taken to make the potions, time on collecting the silver serpent venom. All in all a time consuming process, and, at 300k, pretty cheap.

You may not value the time of other players, but you probably should. If you're not prepared to do these things yourself, then you should, to be fair, be prepared to pay a reasonable sum to other players who are.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the person who sold those found some black plants at an IDOC and could afford to sell them cheap...

There's a difference between finding a bargain and buy to order though ;)

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may not value the time of other players, but you probably should.
No need for hard feelings. Uninformed how black natural dyes are being made I was just saying that I bought ones at much lower prices...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need for hard feelings. Uninformed how black natural dyes are being made I was just saying that I bought ones at much lower prices...

No hard feelings here. Just thought you should know what you were buying, is all :)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually buy black at around 200-250k when I'm feeling lazy.. best to pick up runes from around banks and such to find cheaper prices :)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Risso, and for all...
The quest for black seeds is very long and bored. When you make the quest there are 3 colour that you can obtein : black, white and fire.
It takes many hours to male 6 blacck. It's the most rare colour.
I have to spend many days to have 6 black seed, then i have to gardening, 9 days before take the colour. And then, many other things before obtein the dye.
Well Risso. i've selled forged pardon at only 500K or less. Then i've seen that their price was normally about 1 million each.
So, why have i sell a rare colour cheap when for me it's very expensive in work and hour of work? I have to be a very stupid girl.
If someone want a so rare colour my price is 300K.
If you find it at a cheap price is good for you :) I'm happy for you ;)
One only thing. The quest can made by everyone.
For the rare colours it needs a green thorn.
If someone give me the seeds i can gardening and others things for only 50 K.

M

Myna

300 is a fair price

i sold a lot for a long time in luna at 250 per and that was pretty cheap, because i could buy black plants at 20k from someone regulary and did only a few seeds by myself

someone who sold it at 25 havent done the work himself for sure which is needed to make them .... so this price was a one time ticket i bet

btw black is not the rarest ... to get a white fire or black has the same chance (33,3%) but of course you know murphys law ... if you want a black badly you will get tons of white and fire for sure.

and yes the whole process is very boring

its always the same in this game ... people are willing to pay millions for crap which can be obtained easily (for example imbuing regs) but when it comes to pay a crafter for his hard work the people are penny-pinching