• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Horse!

R

Redrum1

Ok, I just got a black horse. (they are legal now btw) It is in the stables now but i remember hearing that after they bond you need to beat them down so you can build them back up. Umm, I am new to taming ang have really never dealt with animals much, so any advice anyone can give me on this matter would be great. Do I need to beat it down and how do I do it and what do I do to get my animals to have great skills? Thanks in advance everyone!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Horses, even black ones, aren't exactly lean mean fighting machines. I suppose you could train it the same way you might a chicken or some other weaker pet, but the most you could ever expect from it is, after you've trained it fully, it might be able to handle ettins...

G

It's a Horse. It's only difference is colour and that it was once ridden by a faction guard. If you lore your black horse, its stats and resists will fall within the range for normal horses.

The black horse once ridden by a faction guard should not be confused with the far more powerful War Horse. A war horse is not only a much more powerful beast, but you must also be in the appropriate faction and rank at least level 2 in order to ride it.

I'm sorry to report that a normal horse (even a black coloured horse) cannot be turned into a war horse anymore than a drake can be turned into a dragon.

Hope this helps clear things up just a little. Any further questions, and we'd be delighted to help.

R

Redrum1

That does help, atleast I have a cool looking pure black horse then. Thanks all!

G

legal to own but illegal to get the faction guard off to tame it.... supporting a exploit is what owners of the black faction guard horses are doing....

which is no different than supporting a duper or scriptor... but thats my feeling and nothing more