• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Black Halberds

Molokha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just looted a box containing, among other things, several black halberds.

My memory's a bit foggy, but I seem to remember these spawning as part of some storyline event several years ago. Am I imagining things? I'm guessing they can probably be created easily with plant dye nowadays, but can anybody tell me where they originally came from? I swear I can remember black halberds being a big deal in like 2006 for some reason.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event black halberds are actually Jet Black as in Black Dye Tub Black. Yours seem to look more like the natural black dye 'fake' ones. It could just be my monitor but you can check them with NPC bought ones dyed with the natural black dye and compare them.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that shade is from a fel event several years back. during the event, you could kill the guards and loot the hallys. as far as i know, you can not dye plain hallys that color. There is also a jet black version from way back that was looted of guard corpses also, those are more rare and fetch more bucks. hope this helps.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
update! nevermind bout being able to dye them that color. you can use natural dyes on them, just did it. well, they used to be a rarity until dyes ruined that 1. but, the jet black ones are def not dyable yet.

Molokha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my God! I remember now! I loved that event. I knew it was something I ought to remember.

It's a shame they're worthless now, but that's okay. I never actually got a memento from that event so it's nice to have something. Thank you, both of you!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
remember for a short time long before plant dyes you could also dye non-artifact / majical items with tokuna dyes.