• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black Friday Sale - Origin....Will it happen?

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have they ever had UO items on sale during Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always get the impression that they like to pretend they are about making money. So I rather doubt they will have a good sale.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame that UO don't get to keep any of that cash from Origin item sales.....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish they would since I'd like to get a few things but I've been waiting for another sale.

However EA while they seem to be about making money are clueless about actually making any... it's like they don't want it.... at least not from UO. IF Broadsword could somehow get out from under the yolk of EA they could start selling quite a few things.

Imagine if they could... the possibilities would be endless. From hair dyes of many colors, to being able to buy points in spring clean, to perhaps even being able to buy up gametime to raise your anniversary reward status... to all sorts of deco things they could add folk would buy. They could sell tokens for the manikin deeds, Heritage Tokens, two story statue deeds, imagine what they could do. But they would have to "want" to as well.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Origin is likely to have a sale, either on Black Friday or Cyber Monday...or all weekend long.

However, who wants to bet that the UO codes run out fairly quickly? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Origin is likely to have a sale, either on Black Friday or Cyber Monday...or all weekend long.

However, who wants to bet that the UO codes run out fairly quickly? :rolleyes:
I bet they are not even part of the sale.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
evil yes, but not the first time that they would do that.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm betting there will be an Origin sale. It's sounds like a very "corporate" thing to do, lol. Will UO be included? I think it's worth waiting to find out, if anyone is interested in buying stuff.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Black Friday sale on Origin is already active, and UO has been completely ignored. (while other game's item codes have been steeply reduced in price)

:facepalm:

@Mesanna @Kyronix Whichever sees this, could you poke someone at Broadsword into harassing Origin for us, pretty please? :hug:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima single player games are on the list...as always...(at the very bottom, you need to scroll and the list will auto-populate)
Deals | Origin | Origin Games

I would suggest FIFA '14 for $5 (for PC soccer fans)
FIFA 14 for PC Download | Origin Games

I bought NHL '09 for $2.49 just to test it out
NHL 09 for PC Download | Origin Games

Some good sales for Tomb Raider, Sims 4, and Dragon Age in there...but I would double check Steam, first.

But yeah, would be neat if there was a sale on UO codes :)...they had a sale on the forged metal tool once, I think.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have they fixed the problem with being able to order more then just one of the same item?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spoke to Origin about the UO products and NO they won't be added to the sale.
As he said.."All products have been finalised on the list and UO products are not on his list".

No sales for us...... :yell:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We've been told that Origin has said that they aren't set up for orders of things with a quantity greater than 1...which just makes no sense at all. Either Origin is lying, they can't code themselves out of a wet paper bag, or both.

UO needs its own item store again.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That creates so much extra effort to spend your hard earned cash, just does not make for good business.
They did it when the mass CC info was hacked from the major CC Companies and never reverted back when it was fixed, that is also why it is very hard to use out of country CCs.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did all of those games run a few 50% off sales and a few 30% off sales over the course of the past year like EA had for UO?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, they all have flash sales thru-out the year also. A couple of the games aren't even American yet they also are having the Black Friday sale.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Up to 75% off at the Origin Store - well except for Ultima Online. I clicked on the "Store" link at UO.com and it just takes you to Origin but not the UO items there, like it did before they changed their home page. Pretty sad.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Up to 75% off at the Origin Store - well except for Ultima Online. I clicked on the "Store" link at UO.com and it just takes you to Origin but not the UO items there, like it did before they changed their home page. Pretty sad.
Just type Ultima and pick the Franchise line.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only 15 hours left on the sale at the Origin Site. Oh wait, there still aren't any UO items listed for sale there. NM

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very disappointing. I would definitely grab 7th char slot and house tiles but alas, they don't want my money.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Stop being cheap and buy at full price.

Anyone who ever expects a sale for this game and is holding off on some less than $30 purchase because they want a discount of two bucks is seriously deluding themselves.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets be honest. Comparatively speaking. $20 bucks for a 7th slot when you can buy an xpac for $20 and $30 or even start a new account for the monthly fee is kind of ridiculous. As a matter of fact, a lot of the items for sale are grossly overpriced. Additionally, the condescending nature of your post is both rude and unwarranted.