• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] BIGGEST CATCH EVER?

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been fishing for a long time and have hosted several Fishing Contests on LS. Up till 5/4/15 the largest fish I had seen was 199 stone. I always wanted to hit the 200 mark but didn't even know if that possible. I now know that it is as I just hit a 214 stone Fire Fish!

Now I have a problem. Our monthly EM fishing contest is for the Fire Fish but I am not sure I want to turn this one in. Might have to keep it for my persona collection.... I guess have several weeks to decide.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The last time we had a thread for record fish (5 years ago) the all-time record for any fish type was either 225 or 229.

Not sure where a 214 stone Fire fish ranks for best fire fish of all time, but if it isn't an all-shard record, it's probably a shard record for most shards.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been fishing for a long time and have hosted several Fishing Contests on LS. Up till 5/4/15 the largest fish I had seen was 199 stone. I always wanted to hit the 200 mark but didn't even know if that possible. I now know that it is as I just hit a 214 stone Fire Fish!

Now I have a problem. Our monthly EM fishing contest is for the Fire Fish but I am not sure I want to turn this one in. Might have to keep it for my persona collection.... I guess have several weeks to decide.
haha You can thank me for the fire fish month! Guess I can give up on beating you this month!

I have caught one over 200 stones back several months ago but I cant for the love of god remember what one it was.... Im wanting to say doom... I know I didnt turn it in and was going put it on the wall...

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't decided to turn it yet but I guess I probably will. Where are the contests being posted? Just happen to learn about this one from a town crier but I heard nothing the last few months.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was told to turn them in in the em training hall....

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saved a copy of the records from 2011 which I believe was the last times records were kept. At that time the UO All Shard Fire Fish record was: 202 stones caught by Snapple on Legends 5/3/2011. Some of the records on that list were correct but several of them were tampered with by someone so it's hard to say, but a 214 Fire Fish is some big bugger!! I have a 199 stone one, best I could do and I've caught a lot of 'em.
I sure wish there was some way to get that page up and running again and without allowing anyone but the poster to change it or a moderator or something and some way to verify the fish, was fun to have competition and something to shoot for.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The developers finally acknowledged (some time ago now) that 225 was the maximum...but it is incredibly rare.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I saved a copy of the records from 2011 which I believe was the last times records were kept. At that time the UO All Shard Fire Fish record was: 202 stones caught by Snapple on Legends 5/3/2011. Some of the records on that list were correct but several of them were tampered with by someone so it's hard to say, but a 214 Fire Fish is some big bugger!! I have a 199 stone one, best I could do and I've caught a lot of 'em.
I sure wish there was some way to get that page up and running again and without allowing anyone but the poster to change it or a moderator or something and some way to verify the fish, was fun to have competition and something to shoot for.

There's a place on thefcb.com where you can post pics of your biggest fish :)