• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Big prize giveaway on Baja this weekend

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry everyone I posted this over on Uhall and never posted it here. Probably would be nice since it is being held on Baja :p Anyway

Hi everyone we are having a HUGE event Sunday 6-15-08 at 9:00 ct. It will be on the Baja Shard and we will be giving away close to 100 mil in prizes. This is part of Whispering Rose Radio’s one year anniversary.

What you have to do is create a character on Baja if you do not already have one. Tune into Whispering Rose Radio at 9:00 pm ct and listen to ‘Tazz & Keg’s Underground”. Gates will be provided at Luna Bank starting 30 min. prior to the event.

There will be over 40 million in gold given away and number of other prizes as well. If Baja is not your main shard don’t worry we will be able to transfer all items and gold to the shard of your choice.

You can find out more about the event over at www.undergroundknight.com

Thanks everyone and good luck!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy Blinkin' Lingerie!

Do you know how many fish steaks I could buy with over 40 million in gold and prizes!?!?!? That's like a google plex, billion, cajillion, quadrillion, and 69 ounces o' fish steak goodness!

Sounds like it's going to be a great event! Good luck to everyone, and big thanks to UGK for having this!

Congratulations to the one year anniversary of Whispering Rose Radio. I'll have to tune in sometime to get my Whispering Rose mojo going on. :thumbup1:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Tazz! Been awhile. Event sounds cool & it would be nice to see everyone again. I'll try to be around. Need any help with the event? All I gotta do is keep Sluggy blue till Sunday it looks like.

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awsome Sluggy! Anyway this is just a reminder that the event is tonight :)

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Tazz!

I have to give you guys huge props for a great job. You and the crew at Whispering Rose did great, and please pass the word along to everyone involved! It was a huge, fun turnout, and the DJ's as well as the radio show was blinkin' brilliant. Seriously, when those songs came on, I was smiling and/or laughing my arse off (in a good way!), singing along, taking sake shots, having a good time, taking more shots, etc. Great variety in song choices, and even though there were some technical difficulties (I think some folks were kicked off or disconnected) it was a very smooth, very fun, and very kinetic show and turnout.

Congratulations to everyone who won in the giveaway, and congratulations to everyone in UGK and Whispering Rose for the exemplary job. Big props to Lady Wildstar who provided gates to and from the event! I know I'm probably missing a few people who also helped out so please forgive me in advance, but holy blinkin' ay, I've ingested one too many sake shots. :shots:

Again, great job, all! An awesome event for the Baja Community! :thumbup1:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got there late and didn't win anything.... But I'll be there next week to try again!

Congrats again to Dutchess on that suit!

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I wanted to say thank you to all that came out last night and listened to our debacle of a show. I was dumb and unplugged my speakers and could not get them back up. Then I moved over to another computer and took forever getting that working.

Anyway I promise to make up for it this Sunday. We still have about 12 or so prizes to give away and will be giving away the 20 mil as well next week. I have the winners from last night written down and you will still be eligible for the 20 mil grand prize. In fact if the winners from last night could ICQ me I will give you a million gold each just for the inconvenience.

So we will try this again next week and we will be way more organized. Thanks again everyone and sorry.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No worries Tazz. It really was alot of fun. I'll be there next Sunday as well, & I'd be happy to gate again if ya want.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tazz, I think all of us on the south side were enjoying ourselves so much that the delays didn't bother us. We were all getting a kick out of the music and for those of us who are "youth challenged", the songs took us back to the good old days. I know I couldn't help but sit and yell "whoop" IRL as yet another moldy oldie started playing. Thank you for the fun and thank you for reminding me that it's the players of UO that keep me in this game! Unfortunately, this coming Sunday, we'll be out of town helping our 2 sons do improvements on their houses. Good luck to all who attend. :thumbup1:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Mama if i win anything I'll share it with ya :p Oh and on a more serious note.... Bad Xel! You got Lady Aphrodite sick on your sake last night....She looked rather ill after the event :lol: Oh, and as part of the "youth challenged" I totally agree. Even if I did hafta club my kid over the head with a frying pan to get my speakers back

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slug, I just realized I could've had some fun with you when you didn't have sound. Since I was going to tell you if they called you down to open a box, I could've had you running down there every 2 minutes! *ROFL* But that's not my style so you were safe. :p I'm glad you won the battle of the teen vs. adult.

Xel was imbibing a tad bit, wasn't he. :pint: But we needed that person at the party who wears the lampshade and dances for us. It made it even more fun. :party: I still wish I would've gotten a screenshot of his legs hanging over the backside of the house. *LOL*

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slug, I just realized I could've had some fun with you when you didn't have sound. Since I was going to tell you if they called you down to open a box, I could've had you running down there every 2 minutes! *ROFL* But that's not my style so you were safe. :p I'm glad you won the battle of the teen vs. adult.

Xel was imbibing a tad bit, wasn't he. :pint: But we needed that person at the party who wears the lampshade and dances for us. It made it even more fun. :party: I still wish I would've gotten a screenshot of his legs hanging over the backside of the house. *LOL*
It was an honor and a pleasure meeting with people whom I've met before (in one guise or another) and meeting people whom I've never had the honor of meeting. I agree with Mama and Sir Slug that some of those songs took me back and then some. Good times all around, and I think our side of the audience was having a lot of fun. I was, indeed, enjoying Black and Gold Sake. It's not the high-end stuff, but it gets the job done. :thumbup:

I do have a really nice brand of sake imported from the Motherland itself. I'll probably pop that sucker open next week or if I have some friends and/or family over. I'm looking forward to next week's turnout, and I'm 69% (I said '69' :lol:) sure that good times will be had by everyone.

I walk, wander, and moonwalk (especially last night) quite a bit, so my legs are in great condition! :danceb:

Summary of yesterday's events...
Recalling to UGK event last night: 5 gold.

Drinking sake at said-event: 69 gold.

Drinking sake at said-event while talking and joking around with Mama Faith, Sir Slug, and everyone else while dangling my legs and feet off the blinkin' bleechers which somehow dangled off the side from the roof while listening to the crazy and fun music lineup at Whispering Rose Radio and then eventually moonwalking and joining up with the participants in a line-dance of sorts:

CLASSIC! :lol:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well Mama, considering I'm dumb enough to fight a rather perturbed alligator over a golf ball, I just may well have fallen for it a few times.

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a reminder we are giving away the rest of the prizes including the 20 mil grand prize tonight on Baja.. 9:00 pm central time. :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a whole lot of fun last night!! Good Times good people!!

Doesn't get any better!!

(ok really didn't mean for that to come out like a beer commercial)

Ori

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to say thank you for all that turned out this past week. Our show is weekly. We may not be able to give out the prizes like we did the past two weeks but if you ever want a good laugh it's ussually pretty entertaining lol.

If you have any suggestions or just want to talk about the show you can do so over on our site at http://www.undergroundknight.com/tazzandkeg.htm

Thanks again hope you tune in next week :)