• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Better piece for Sampire?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings fellow Addicts, just curious as to what the consensus is on which would be better for a Sampire? the Basilisk Hide Breastplate, or the Balron Bone Armor from Demonic Forces event. I freely admit to being ignorant on suit building and usually just throw one together haphazardly, so any advice and tutelage will be greatly appreciated. apologies if I missed this anywhere and it has already been answered.

1635270305818.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Balron Bone Armor is one of the top pieces as you are going to get all of the main stats and bonuses. With 8 LMC and it being a Bone piece, it will count toward the LMC bonus if you're going for Bone/Studded suit build. It's missing some Regen's, but you shouldn't need to rely too heavily on Regen's on a sampire if you are leaching back enough life / mana /stam. Overall, it's going to be a great piece for most any Warrior type of build.

I don't know if I have seen anyone use the Basilisk chest piece in quite a while, atleast for a sampire. If you're going to refine your suit for higher resist caps, you likely won't need much DCI and should be getting it from jewelry and other items. As I just noted, you probably don't need a ton of regen since you should be leaching most of that back. The LMC and the individual resists on this piece are all lower than the Balron Bone Armor piece. The 10% Damage Eater is a nice bonus if you're getting all the stats you need on other pieces, but it's not typically a mod you see too many Sampires looking to add to their suits. A Sampire should already have alot of ways to stay alive (i.e., Vamp Form, Life Leach on Weapons, Confidence from Bushido, Close Wounds from Chivalry, maybe even Heal pots), so mods like Damage Eater are somewhat overkill.

So between these two, I would go for the Balron Bone armor. If you can't find one, try to find another high end Chest piece as opposed to using the Basilisk Hide. Just my opinion ofcourse ... Good luck!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Balron Bone Armor is one of the top pieces as you are going to get all of the main stats and bonuses. With 8 LMC and it being a Bone piece, it will count toward the LMC bonus if you're going for Bone/Studded suit build. It's missing some Regen's, but you shouldn't need to rely too heavily on Regen's on a sampire if you are leaching back enough life / mana /stam. Overall, it's going to be a great piece for most any Warrior type of build.

I don't know if I have seen anyone use the Basilisk chest piece in quite a while, atleast for a sampire. If you're going to refine your suit for higher resist caps, you likely won't need much DCI and should be getting it from jewelry and other items. As I just noted, you probably don't need a ton of regen since you should be leaching most of that back. The LMC and the individual resists on this piece are all lower than the Balron Bone Armor piece. The 10% Damage Eater is a nice bonus if you're getting all the stats you need on other pieces, but it's not typically a mod you see too many Sampires looking to add to their suits. A Sampire should already have alot of ways to stay alive (i.e., Vamp Form, Life Leach on Weapons, Confidence from Bushido, Close Wounds from Chivalry, maybe even Heal pots), so mods like Damage Eater are somewhat overkill.

So between these two, I would go for the Balron Bone armor. If you can't find one, try to find another high end Chest piece as opposed to using the Basilisk Hide. Just my opinion ofcourse ... Good luck!
Thanks, I added that Basilisk hide many years ago and just never replaced it. i was wondering how to spend my DF points and wanted to know if the balron bone armor is a better choice.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
cannot compare basilisk and balron armor.
I was using Valkyrie armor on several warriors. Now slowly changing it to balron one. I like stats that I can see and ability to define it. Eater with those charges and HP regens looks quite obsolete. I tried dog form in dungeon. Die really fast. With 120 ninjitsu and 40HP regens. So 2 is just a joke comparing to how much Sampire can leech with HLL on weapon +Vamp form. Doing whirlwind or Momentum strike.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same decision to come to, though my character is Samurai, not sampire. I claimed the balron armor last night, so today I'll find out if the decision was the right one for me. I've lost the regens and eater, but gained 7 hp, so maybe it will work out the same? I've a few hp regen pies, if I can only remember to actually eat them.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Balron Bone Armor is better. It's basically a Best In Slot piece (with the exception of Berserker's Breastplate for Throwers). It can also be enhanced with a Forged Metal of Artifacts, and PoFed (so lasts forever). I enhanced mine with Barbed Leather for more Resists in this pic.
Enhanced Balron Bone Armor.PNG

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Balron's bone armor is better. I know I'm using my points for more SSI epaulettes. In my mind, the 10 SSI on the eppy is more important for overall warrior builds of all types and I just don't have enough of those. But if you don't need the eppys, get the BBA.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Balron Bone Armor is better. It's basically a Best In Slot piece (with the exception of Berserker's Breastplate for Throwers). It can also be enhanced with a Forged Metal of Artifacts, and PoFed (so lasts forever). I enhanced mine with Barbed Leather for more Resists in this pic.
View attachment 123198
When you enhance, does the Balron Bone Armor retain its original color, or does it change to the color of the leather? Also, has anyone confirmed that it can still be PoFed after its enhanced?

Thanks

gwen

Slightly Crazed
When you enhance, does the Balron Bone Armor retain its original color, or does it change to the color of the leather? Also, has anyone confirmed that it can still be PoFed after its enhanced?

Thanks
Same color with red leather. Haven't tried other types.
POFable.