• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to serve the Community

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is to not make personal attacks against others when opening up a Discussion, after all we are all entitled to our own opinions as long as we keep the discourse civil.

If you attack people and their expression of how they feel to help the community after a while they will become silent for fear of ridicule and then how does that help SP grow? The best way to help the situation of SP is to leave everyone feel free to contribute and feel safe to not be ostracized for their ideas and contributions.

Come now everyone behave like well mannered adults and if not that at least civil adults.

Shy De'Lairesse
Cherish Firekiss

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you logged in yet or are you still just visiting from those other servers? Not instigating.. Just curious. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Gives all a big :grouphug:
I can handle attacks in and out of the game but yes, some may fear to have an opinion, when they see someone be blamed for their opinion and I'm not innocent here :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*laughs* You have seldom not had an opinion, Freja. :heart:

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Have you logged in yet or are you still just visiting from those other servers? Not instigating.. Just curious. :)
As far as I am concerned it is none of your concern or business what I do. I owe you nothing. I find you pretentious . I watch the way you write things and I find you less than deserving of even this answer.

I am not good at pretending. having a false face has never been my thing. Some people are better at back biting and back stabbing than others.

Just so we are clear where I stand.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well... I do have a question.. do you plan on coming back to Siege Perilous? I would like to meet you. Perhaps I could interview you for a news paper article I used to be a news reporter for the Perilous Inquier when it was up and running :) Could be lots of fun

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well... I do have a question.. do you plan on coming back to Siege Perilous? I would like to meet you. Perhaps I could interview you for a news paper article I used to be a news reporter for the Perilous Inquier when it was up and running :) Could be lots of fun
Who says I have not been back.....at any rate if you want to speak to me message me and we can speak on Skype.

Shy De' Lairesse
Cherish Firekiss

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who says I have not been back.....at any rate if you want to speak to me message me and we can speak on Skype.

Shy De' Lairesse
Cherish Firekiss
You're right, who knows if your back?!?!?!? This shard is ****ing dead and everyone is either holding hands in candy land or hiding in their houses having RP parties. NO ONE PLAYS HERE ANYMORE. Move along and don't fall for the trap. Siege is just a memory now.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right, who knows if your back?!?!?!? This shard is ******* dead and everyone is either holding hands in candy land or hiding in their houses having RP parties. NO ONE PLAYS HERE ANYMORE. Move along and don't fall for the trap. Siege is just a memory now.

i can see why a pvp only type of player may think this shard is dead but to a player that enjoys playing all aspects of the game its just a small shard (i do believe there is a difference small shard vs dead shard and i just dont believe siege is dead i still enjoy playing here wouldnt trade it for any other shard) i think the key is to find people that you can enjoy playing with and just play

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can see why a pvp only type of player may think this shard is dead but to a player that enjoys playing all aspects of the game its just a small shard (i do believe there is a difference small shard vs dead shard and i just dont believe siege is dead i still enjoy playing here wouldnt trade it for any other shard) i think the key is to find people that you can enjoy playing with and just play
You're in denial my friend. When I can run through every dungeon, city and player run community without seeing one person or having one person speak in general chat... you have a dead shard. Simple as that.

Sprago didn't "win." There is no winning here... He has a core group of friends that still play. That's fine. But outside of that, there is no economy. There is no multi-verse or multiplayer aspect. I came back, activated 4 accounts and farmed my ass off for a few weeks. It was hard as **** trying to buy anything and trying to sell items was just as tough. No one was interested in buying as everyone on this shard is "self sufficient" and doesn't need anything new. Here's a direct quote from a player in game "if I want items I'll go farm for them. I don't need to buy anything." That tells me all that's left on Siege are a bunch of old vets that enjoy each others company.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Exactly, siege perilous, as a shard, needs to recruit new players. We need a NEW player base. And the vets need to stay silent and allow change to occur. No more vets hampering progress. We need to silence the vets, and impose changes on behalf of the new player base.

The difficulty and challenge is in preserving and maintaining the quality of siege (hardcore, original uo, felucca ruleset) to appeal to new players. This is the million gold question. How can siege invite and maintain a new player population?

Vet PKers are not helping, too. I remember over the previous two years, when new players did come try out Siege, what happened? They got ganked, camped, Diablowed. They got harassed and ran home crying.

So as far as my opinion goes here, almost NOBODY is working to truly increase the player base. NONE of the vets, including the PKs, are helping. So that means a paradigm shift needs to occur. We need to build a new player base, person by person.

I recommend recruiting from other shards until the siege population increases to 24 active players online, chatting, PVE, PVP, economy rebound. Until this happens, there's no point squabbling over hashed out arguments. We need to recruit, as a shard, bottom line.

You're in denial my friend. When I can run through every dungeon, city and player run community without seeing one person or having one person speak in general chat... you have a dead shard. Simple as that.

Sprago didn't "win." There is no winning here... He has a core group of friends that still play. That's fine. But outside of that, there is no economy. There is no multi-verse or multiplayer aspect. I came back, activated 4 accounts and farmed my ass off for a few weeks. It was hard as **** trying to buy anything and trying to sell items was just as tough. No one was interested in buying as everyone on this shard is "self sufficient" and doesn't need anything new. Here's a direct quote from a player in game "if I want items I'll go farm for them. I don't need to buy anything." That tells me all that's left on Siege are a bunch of old vets that enjoy each others company.
QFT

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You're right, who knows if your back?!?!?!? This shard is ******* dead and everyone is either holding hands in candy land or hiding in their houses having RP parties. NO ONE PLAYS HERE ANYMORE. Move along and don't fall for the trap. Siege is just a memory now.
Are you the one that also played WORD, if so I have screenies of you as WORD, you made me laugh out load and late at night. I just got home from a date and Hope I did not wake my roommates :)

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Exactly, siege perilous, as a shard, needs to recruit new players. We need a NEW player base. And the vets need to stay silent and allow change to occur. No more vets hampering progress. We need to silence the vets, and impose changes on behalf of the new player base.

The difficulty and challenge is in preserving and maintaining the quality of siege (hardcore, original uo, felucca ruleset) to appeal to new players. This is the million gold question. How can siege invite and maintain a new player population?

Vet PKers are not helping, too. I remember over the previous two years, when new players did come try out Siege, what happened? They got ganked, camped, Diablowed. They got harassed and ran home crying.

So as far as my opinion goes here, almost NOBODY is working to truly increase the player base. NONE of the vets, including the PKs, are helping. So that means a paradigm shift needs to occur. We need to build a new player base, person by person.

I recommend recruiting from other shards until the siege population increases to 24 active players online, chatting, PVE, PVP, economy rebound. Until this happens, there's no point squabbling over hashed out arguments. We need to recruit, as a shard, bottom line.

Dearest Apollo,

I applaud you. it is sweet and sad when I see people trying hard to keep Siege alive....heartbreaking in a way. But I tell you from very good experience it is not what drove them off, the ganking and looting on SP ..that is not it. I have played many hardcore pvp servers that do not give a SH&%T about coddling new comers...and yet they retain the population just as SP did in the very beginning. When I came to SP there was NO new guild to hold my hand and give me 30 days of safety from pkers and that is what made me stay...I wanted to see if I was tuff enough.

All of that hand holding and coddling came in with Ian Town and all the other carebear gulds... and in the long run it is what KILLED Siege...the population we had before then was amazing and huge, and that is truth .People came to this server to get away from all the Trammy BS....and that is why there are 3 hardcore pvp servers that are making it, they do not cater to the Care Bears...end of story. Siege has grown soft in its old age..I have pvped with many other legends in "other lands" they came from SP as well. and they all pretty much hold this opinion, plus they do not care to pay for a game that is messed up, and frankly a old game. if they are going to do that they want to play Old school style without silly gargoyles, the silliest Sh*&T came after Richard Garriot sold out. It just was never his vision and many of us felt the same way.

If you want a huge population on SP it was possible. But EA walked away from it and solving the problems. Right now if I were to log on to the 3 others Realms that I played and have played together if all added up it would be about between 1500 and close to 2 k of players....BUT they want OLD school pvp... and OLD school feel....Yes crafters and others help to keep pvp severs alive but only in the fact that wolves need sheep to farm to stay alive. any smart player knows that you need them to help keep a server alive , but there has to be balance....

I Love that people have tried to keep SP alive,however I think too many of you see with tunnel vision that is what happens when you stay in a small pond , it becomes stagnant ,as does the population and ideas....

I have a million thoughts on this but that will not change whomever owns SP now, I have no idea to be honest.
It is not just a matter of advertising in the end ....and any consumer knows this it is the product.. that is why I pay 35.00 dollars for a tube of Chanel lipstick because it is a superior product ...that is why I play other lands . I know I can log on and I am going to run into at least a few hundred people , why do they go there to pvp when it is a very old game ....because the people running the show care about happy customers...yes they do not charge a monthly fee but they charge for other things and do it WELL.

Do not get me wrong I love Siege...I loved her when I left, but when I log on and see a ghost of her former self it is heartbreaking and just kills the mood to stay on. Can SP be fixed you bet your sweet Ass it could be, will they fix her....***sigh*** I have been gone over a decade and they have not at this point.

No matter what the people that play the server say....until the powers that be get off their butts to implement fixes it will not happen , ultimately it is in the Owners and staffs hands. I have been staff on very active servers as I am sure some others have been too. I know what needs fixed will they do it.....Tell me how much love has SP ever seen in all of these years.

Sadly nothing.

Shy De' Lairesse
Cherish Firekiss

QFT

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also, as for your little "can we all act like civil adults"

You sound like a 2 year old on a tantrum right now. Take your hand and scoop the you know what out of you know where...
I do not take offence at you opinion we are all entitled to think as we like. as for tantrum anyone that knows me knows I do not have them.. Hope springs eternal for civil adult males in this game. Thank you for giving me a laugh :)

Last edited: