• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Best way to raise fame on Craftsmen?

Ommy2k7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanna get "The Lord" on my crafties.. Ive locked their karma but as each of them only has GM Magery.. im struggling to kill stuff.. Any ideas??

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
large bods give lot of fame (50), you neeed 10.000 to be lord, so good luck :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Definitely BODs.

Unlike fighting creatures (where fame is subject to diminishing returns, as you get closer to the fame level of the creature fought), BODs give the same amount of fame whether you're currently 0 Fame or 10,000 Fame.

BODs give fame as follows:

1. Find the point value of the BOD in the system.
2. Divide that number by 50, round down.
3. Square the result.

So, Tailor BODs can give as little as 0 (anything 10 or 15 count normal cloth or leather) to as much as 256 fame (20 count EX Barbed 6-part LBOD).

Smith BODs are worth more, though like cloth, iron normal smalls under 20 count are worthless. Smalls can be worth up to 256 fame (a Valorite EX 20 Small), and of course 11 of 24 armor/shield/helm BODs are the non-combinable types making almost 25% of your BODs candidates for turning in as smalls before you even consult the charts to see if using in an LBOD would be worth the reward. Larges start at 16 fame (for a 10 or 15 count normal iron ringmail or polearm LBOD), up to (I think) 576 (24 squared) for a 20 EX Valorite Plate LBOD.

I believe the smith BODs that have a chance to give POF are in the 16 to 25 Fame range, so by farming your own POF through BOD filling, you can thousands of fame very quickly, with no combat risk.

N

NoBuddy

Stone skills off and over to crafter, go kill Lich Lords, Balrons, etc. til you're where you wanna be. Best feature of UO...use it.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's useful to you? On my imbuer I killed toxic sliths using EVs until I had enough loyalty to use the Queen's forge. This easily took my fame/karma to Illustrious. From that point on you could go EV ogre lords. Goblins raise fame pretty fast as well, but I think the mage ones may dispel your EVs. The essence from that spawn is generally more profitable than killing ogre lords though.

L

Lord Tonberry

Best way i do is head to Wind. Travel the caves until you reach the city and head for the bank all the way to the east. The exit just south from the bank leads to a path in the cave with one or two Daemons.

Just cast Energy Vortex near one and let the EV do it's work. They should kill the daemon and only lose about half their health. You can summon up to 2 at a time. If things get hairy, you can always walk right back into town (the guard zone) and call the guards. Daemons spawn rather quickly, so just head back out and repeat.
You can rack up massive amounts of fame/karma in no time. It will take you to Glorious Lord in about an hour. And all you need is GM Magery.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My smith went to Illustrious killing liches then to Illustrious Lord doing Bods so crafted stuff says made by Lord Klang

Ommy2k7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonberry, I used your technique; Though not in wind, i went to the double daemon room in Hythloth. Casting E.V's took around 1.5 hours & made around 200,000 gp t'boot! thanks for the idea =)