• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to hide teleporters? (OMG MAKE TELEPORTERS DYEABLE!)

N

NewYears1978

Anyone got any good ideas for hiding teleporters..Ithink plants is most common..any other ideas? For small spaces..pics would be nice.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can hide them with add ons you can walk over, like goza mats or pentagrams or bear rugs, etc. I usually stick em behind walls when I need to put them in though.

N

NewYears1978

You can hide them with add ons you can walk over, like goza mats or pentagrams or bear rugs, etc. I usually stick em behind walls when I need to put them in though.
I tried goza mats, but when I use the telepad the goza mat disappears into the floor..

I tried various plants but can never get full coverage :(

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried goza mats, but when I use the telepad the goza mat disappears into the floor..

I tried various plants but can never get full coverage :(
Use your int dec tool to raise the goza mat up one time. If that leaves a visible teleporter edge then use a second goza mat on the ground leve to cover it up.

So place one square goza and then place a second one on top and raise it up one time. That should do it!

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had some success covering up a few of my teleporters today with some of the new dyed carpet squares. Seems to work fairly well and I remembered seeing this topic a little while ago. :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tuck mine in by east/north walls, in corners, where they can't be seen. I've also used a swamp tile (one of the champ drops) to cover them too, and it seems to work better than goza; certainly never had it pop through and show. Have just rebuilt my house/our guildshop, and I plan to try out the carpets on them again, so we'll see how that goes. Am still a tad peeved that we can't put things on them; kinda limits their use really.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah that is what I do or use the grass plants and use the house decorating tool to adjust them as necessary so they hide the transporter. I like the hiding technique using walls though.

N

NewYears1978

I ended up using stairs instead. I got a new plot 18x18 so muchmore room for stairways..so I ended up using those and then on the top level I used a heritage ladder.

Turned out well.

I really hate teleporters! But they should really make them dyeable :)