• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best PvP Templates?

Network

Visitor
Hi, just came back after 6 years.

I'm trying to find out what the meta is like right now. What are the top templates for both dexer and mage genres?

Before I played tank mage, parry mage, stealth/ninja archer, and bushido/parry melee dexer.

Looking to do VvV perhaps if that matters.

Thanks

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Parry Mage combo is still effective.

Dexer templates are still pretty much the same.

Lot of archers, evil omen deathstrike was popular.

Just depends on what you prefer to play.

The chivalry template became a little more popular with the introduction. Of holy fist with the skill masteries.

Network

Visitor
Thanks for the response.

Do archers run stealth? Is double weapon skills disarm archer a thing? Like running archery/swords at the same time?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the response.

Do archers run stealth? Is double weapon skills disarm archer a thing? Like running archery/swords at the same time?
Stealth archers, do exist still, it's useful if you play solo more than in groups.
Disarm/archers are the Most Common template, for pvp.

Network

Visitor
I know they are sleazy gimmicks, but for the sake of understanding does that look something like:

120 Swords/Fence
120 Archery
120 Tact
120 Anat
120 Heal
120 Ninja

Is that about right?

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would some advice on parry mage template status
I just finished an elv Parry Mage and looks like you need 80 dex for parrying do be fully effective, so can someone give me a help and tell me whats the ideal status on this temp?

Thanks!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would some advice on parry mage template status
I just finished an elv Parry Mage and looks like you need 80 dex for parrying do be fully effective, so can someone give me a help and tell me whats the ideal status on this temp?

Thanks!
With the gear today, it's EASY to get to 80 dex with stat bonuses. As for me: with stat bonuses, I run 50-60 dex on the two I have (one's 51, the other is 58, I believe) and use a Greater Agility pot (with 50% EP) to get to 80+. Make sure your dex is high enough to stay at 80 even after Curse. Works great for Yew Gate fighting with all of the archers running around.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With the gear today, it's EASY to get to 80 dex with stat bonuses. As for me: with stat bonuses, I run 50-60 dex on the two I have (one's 51, the other is 58, I believe) and use a Greater Agility pot (with 50% EP) to get to 80+. Make sure your dex is high enough to stay at 80 even after Curse. Works great for Yew Gate fighting with all of the archers running around.
Thank you! this was very helpful!!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you run wrestling with the parry mage and just disarm a book when using pots, or no book?
No book, and either Anatomy or Wrestle. For the times where I do use a book (slayer spellbooks), I have an equip last weapon macro. Since I'm unarmed 99% of the time, I just hit it and it unequips my spellbook for me.