• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best place for a mage to make some money?

G

Hello, I've been going through all the tram dungeons looking for good places to farm money. I've also been to the solen holes or whatever they are called. Anyhow, where is an easy place to get to that a mage can make some easy money? I prefer not to fight casters as my LRC suit doesn't have very good resists. I know I can continue to blast away on ettins but I was hoping to find something that has better money and items. My current skills are
Magery: 92
Eval Int: 85
Med: 99
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I

imported_Farsight

Where you go depends on a lot of different factors.

If you don't have LRC (you do, but I'm finishing the thought anyhow), deep in Ilshenar or Doom gauntlet would be mistakes.

If you do have spellweaving, it opens whole new areas you can exploit for their wealth. An ogre lord between you and them makes a huge difference.

If you're working on skills, you may want to consider arctic ogre lords. In the low 90's, you can cast explosions and flame strikes and get devastating results. If you can afford one, a repond slayer spell book helps a lot there.

I also go to the fan dancer dojo pretty often. Just down the stairs, a couple of energy vortexes, or a vortex and an earth elemental, can be used to reap in the dough quickly. Demon slayer spellbooks help a lot. But at less than 100 magery, it might be a little frustrating, since the summons are pretty much mandatory.

If you can find a good lich spawn (Deceit, Ilshenar, Doom, not too far from Yew, Wind, etc), a flame strike and an undead slayer spellbook will kill liches instantly. And there is no reason anyone shouldn't have an undead slayer spellbook, as they come for almost free as a reward for the beginners inscription quest.

But where you go depends on what you want to accomplish. For just gold, I would find a lich spawn that spawns often (my favorite outside of Doom lies in Wind). For fame and training, I'd go with the AoL's.

Also, if you can get to sanctuary, in the lower level, there are a lot of rat men. If you can kill the archers, you can sell the arrows to other players for loads of gold. But I found it difficult to find that area the first several times I went to Sanctuary, as the holes leading to the second level are small and usually in spawn areas.

I

imported_GFY

All these are very good.

My favorite is Ice Fiends in Ice dungeon. You'll need a demon slayer spell book and you'll need 106 magery, so you don't fail flame strike spell. Drop in and cast an explosion, flame strike combo and the demon dies. I often hunt here with my crappy resist 100 LRC suit. Just be careful and heal yourself as soon as you take damage.

P.S. I usually hunt in Fell so you should be safer in Tram, which has a slower spawn rate.