• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best non-arti items?

X

XCodes

What monsters in the game can possibly drop items with both 5 properties and 100% intensities on said properties? If only ones like peerless/spawn bosses can, then what monsters drop the best items other than peerless/spawn bosses?

D

Dragonchilde

The best non-artifact items in the game are most likely player-crafted runic stuff.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any high-end monster will do. Don't expect to be swimming in them though. Wear a high luck suit to make your loot better. I've had good results from:
Balrons
Ogre Lords
Elder Gazers
Lich Lords
Rotting Corpses
Onis
Succubi
Fan Dancers
Dark Wisps
Ancient Wyrms
Greater Dragons
Dragons
Blood Elementals
Poison Elementals
Meer Eternals
Yamadons
Named ML Monsters
Doom Bosses
and Strongbox Quests, just to name a few.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In general, the tougher the monster the better the loot.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What monsters in the game can possibly drop items with both 5 properties and 100% intensities on said properties? If only ones like peerless/spawn bosses can, then what monsters drop the best items other than peerless/spawn bosses?
Frankly, it is really a crap shoot so to speak. As in the game. Or Russian Roulette. It is just really random in my book. You can do the strong box quest and get better loot. That is a fact. The unfortunate part is however, it will be items you won't always want or need.

Keep at it though, and it will be something you can make use of. I guarantee it.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Frankly, it is really a crap shoot so to speak. As in the game. Or Russian Roulette. It is just really random in my book. You can do the strong box quest and get better loot. That is a fact. The unfortunate part is however, it will be items you won't always want or need.

Keep at it though, and it will be something you can make use of. I guarantee it.
I think he is asking for the benefit of the upcoming expansion. But this advice is true unfortunately =\

X

XCodes

Cloak‡1293952 said:
I think he is asking for the benefit of the upcoming expansion. But this advice is true unfortunately =\
Mostly true. The crapshoot that I get something good is also interesting, though.

Speaking of the strongbox quests, is the difference between them (between strongboxes and bags of trinkets, for example) just a matter of the number of items rewarded or are there also differences in quality?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of the strongbox quests, is the difference between them (between strongboxes and bags of trinkets, for example) just a matter of the number of items rewarded or are there also differences in quality?
There is a difference in quantity of items and quality. Do 5 strongbox quests then do 5 bag of trinket quests, it will be pretty obvious the difference in quality of the items. Now if they have properties you are looking for is another story...

Stayin Alive,

BG

P

Playhardgopro

Strongboxes give very hit intensity rewards. They would be a good way to get the ingredients for Imbueing.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking Peerless's, and even then Luck plays a major role in the intensities.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking Peerless's, and even then Luck plays a major role in the intensities.
I would say I agree...but, I never use a high luck suit in peerless so frankly even the strong box quests give better regular loot than I could acquire in a peerless.

Luck may play a part but when I receive a magical shortbow with 10 SSI one time, 1 corruption another time, and then 1 blight on yet another run after the last one, that is pretty bad RNG if you ask me. Luck or not.

Personally...I hate "luck." I like the strongbox quest because ostensibly there may be luck, but there is always that nice surprise lurking.

Z

Zyron

Can someone tell me where the strongbox quests people are?
Are they in heartwood.
Or that lady outside the healer in Umbra?
Ty

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone tell me where the strongbox quests people are?
Are they in heartwood.
Or that lady outside the healer in Umbra?
Ty
It starts in Heartwood.
Not all are in Heartwood. There is one in Britain given by Sakari the Notary. There is one in Sanctuary for killing the named Succubus. There might be more outside heartwood than that. Most of the "quest chain" quests will reward you with a strongbox (but not all).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not all are in Heartwood. There is one in Britain given by Sakari the Notary. There is one in Sanctuary for killing the named Succubus. There might be more outside heartwood than that. Most of the "quest chain" quests will reward you with a strongbox (but not all).

Stayin Alive,

BG
Sure. Excellent points. I was thinking of just one specific strong box quest. You specified all of them. Kudos.

B

Barracoon The Piper

Except the peerless,

Swoop, Cushide, Yamandon .... and the paragon creatures (skeletal dragon paragon is the best)

:)