• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best non-animal taming pet

• Thread starter Richard Pryor
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
R

Richard Pryor

Hello smart people - I am trying to figure out what the best pet for a non-animal taming person is (zero skill in animal taming). Any input would be greatly appreciated. Unless you're going to insult my mother. I don't need that kind of input.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a lot of depends in the answer:
If you have 100 bushido, then it's a lesser hiryu.
If you're a miner, then it's a fire beetle.
If you want to carry a lot of loot, then it's a blue beetle.
If you want damage reduction, then it's a swamp dragon (with player crafted barding)
If you're a necromancer, then you can't go wrong with bake kitsune (but you can't bond them without taming skill)
If you want to collect demon bones or do IDOCs, then pack horses are pretty good there.

Then you can always do the typical super-chicken, trained squirrel, trained cow oddness, but they won't help much.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Easy. Get married or get a golem xD

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Mana!! That is the funniest and the best thing I've read on the forums ever!!!

You are the wisest of the wise!!!

To the OP: a horse.. gets you around and if trained well will actually save your life in a tight spot!