• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Method to Raise Bushido

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, continuing my threads on ways to train a character... one of the skills I'm finding very slow is Bushido. I've been working it continuously as I worked parry and swordsmanship. I've taken up Meditation to make it go faster. I'm using the method provided on UOGuide.com:

0 - 30 Buy it
30 - 60 Confidence
60 - 75 Counter-attack
75 - 105 Evasion
105 - 120 Momentum Strike

Right now I'm at 83. I'm finding the 20 seconds between Evasion attempts incredibly slow. Is there any faster method. Seems like I'm gaining much faster in everything else (healing, anatomy, swords) and almost nothing to show for an hour of work with continuous use of Evasion every 20 seconds.

So what methods do you use? Also, what do you recommend for momentum strike? Are there good locations with two targets nearby that you use?

Thanks for your continued help! I really appreciate the expertise and willingness of this community to discuss training methods.

-OBSIDIAN-

W

wee papa smurf

If you have a good mana leech weapon and its reasonably fast then go to arctic ogre lords and lightnin strike them till ur at 100, then go to the Troglodyte cave (painted caves) and stand in the middle of the two places where they spawn, avoidin Grobu and lurg, and ul never run out of spawn and just momentum strike them, and if u have a good mana leech weapon ul never run out of mana, i did it with a war fork mana leech 45% and never went below half mana, and ur current bushido skill shud stop u getin hit as often, good luck :thumbsup:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido is slow, let me warn you. It took me roughly 48 hours (maybe a little less) of actual time working the skill to get to 120 from 50.

Get a suit that has 40 LMC, and as much mana regen as you can put together. Use items, or train it, to get necro high enough to get into lich form (lots of additional mana regen). If you can, summon a wisp too.

I also had 115 med/Focus on my guy but I only had them on there to work Bushido.

Once you do that, get any weapon that you can swing max speed, and buy a cat or a dog, or a bunny, any low level animal. Take him in town in any trammel city and just start lightning striking him (once you have the minimum bushido to lightning strike). If you get the suit/skills/form that I listed above you can lightning strike non stop without ever running out of mana.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Good advice. Thanks!

Lynk -- question for you. Wouldn't you kill the pet? Or in trammel can you cause no damage to your own animals? I know you can cast magic on yourself, so I don't know why you'd not be able to swing a weapon at your own pet.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to start getting my MR and LMC suit ready tonight.

-OBSIDIAN-

N

Nestorius

All lightning strike past 75. Just play it, it raises fine and doesn't matter who you fight. My problem is always getting it to 75.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
All lightning strike past 75. Just play it, it raises fine and doesn't matter who you fight. My problem is always getting it to 75.
Can lightning strike take you to 120?

-OBSIDIAN-

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, Lightning strike was a great idea. I've been working on it for about an hour while I trained my swordsmanship. In that hour, I gained 2.9 and now am at 86.7 Bushido. I'll take it! That is was faster than using evasion. Thanks for the tip. I'm sure Lightning Strike will slow down eventually. I'll have to move to momentum strike then and try one of the other methods.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Lightning Strike will take you to 120.

If you hit the pet in trammel it wont kill it. I can't recall if you need to be guilded or non guilded. It's one or the other.

I say use a cat or a dog because you will hit them every swing, whereas with a tougher pet you might not be able to.

I assure you lightning strike is the fastest, because with the method I mentioned EVERY swing is a lightning strike. With momentum strike there will be longer gaps in between due to lack of spawn to hit, and/or lack of mana.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I got a pet rabbit and took him to New Haven. It is working very well... I am now up to 95 Bushido and gaining fairly consistently. I am not in Lich Form, however with 99 Med, +8 Mana Regen, and 35% Lower Mana cost it is working well.

Thanks for all of the tips!

-OBSIDIAN-