• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Weapons best kryss in game 20splint 70lighting

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We're looking at a solution that will work for in favor of all parties involved, that is within our ability to oversee and manage here on the forums. As it stands this thread is not the place to discuss this, when we have everything wrapped up and written nice and neat you'll all get to view it. Until then I suggest the subject is let lie or I'll be locking the thread, active auction or not. If you want to continue discussing it make a new thread concerning it in Trader's Hall.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally don't think it's fair to single out bidders who back out on bids and not acknowledge sellers who back out on selling. If you are looking to implement a procedure to deal with people withdrawing bids then you should look into sellers who waste out time bidding on items and then they don't sell.

I won an Auction before and held off transferring and passed on a similar item for a cheaper price because I was going to win an auction and the seller decided not to sell. That's wrong so please don't sit here and tell me that it's the sellers right to put an item up for auction and then not sell. So possession is nine tenths of the law...... Well, If I posses the gold to buy the item how can you force me to give someone my gold?

Bear

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally don't think it's fair to single out bidders who back out on bids and not acknowledge sellers who back out on selling. If you are looking to implement a procedure to deal with people withdrawing bids then you should look into sellers who waste out time bidding on items and then they don't sell.

I won an Auction before and held off transferring and passed on a similar item for a cheaper price because I was going to win an auction and the seller decided not to sell. That's wrong so please don't sit here and tell me that it's the sellers right to put an item up for auction and then not sell. So possession is nine tenths of the law...... Well, If I posses the gold to buy the item how can you force me to give someone my gold?

Bear
Like Nexus and I both posted after that, we are working on a plan that will solve that problem and it will apply to both buyers and sellers. I forgot the new thing applied to both when I posted that, sorry about the confusion. Although to be perfectly honest, the seller pretty much always has the upper hand in every trade I've ever seen happen in UO.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like Nexus and I both posted after that, we are working on a plan that will solve that problem and it will apply to both buyers and sellers. I forgot the new thing applied to both when I posted that, sorry about the confusion. Although to be perfectly honest, the seller pretty much always has the upper hand in every trade I've ever seen happen in UO.
Most the time the seller will state that he has the right not to sell if he doesnt like the price etc and to me that fine since its their item and the potential buyer can always msg them to see wht the lowest they would sell for would be if they really want it but in my opinion the seller should state their minimum but thats another story.

michael dangerous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Most the time the seller will state that he has the right not to sell if he doesnt like the price etc and to me that fine since its their item and the potential buyer can always msg them to see wht the lowest they would sell for would be if they really want it but in my opinion the seller should state their minimum but thats another story.
So then it would be ok for me as a buyer to put in my bid that i have the right to not buy? dude get real.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So then it would be ok for me as a buyer to put in my bid that i have the right to not buy? dude get real.
That's just how it's always been, for as long as I can remember in UO the seller has always had the upper hand, always. It's mostly because the buyers gold is just gold and can be replaced, but if the seller's item is gone, it's gone, and in many cases the seller can never get another one if it was a rare.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Captn but JDGTR has been trolling every item I posted in the past week. This guy michael dangerous also appears to be nutty but at least he doesn't appear to be stalking people.
But in the case of this particular item it is painfully obvious that both JDGTR and Michael bailed on the item AFTER they bid because they were too foolish to notice from the start that the seller posted it as antique. All of the nonsense that happened after that is kinda immaterial imo
Not the end of the world but as a mod I believe you should note it considering the fact that both of them have been called out in other auctions very recently

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry Captn but JDGTR has been trolling every item I posted in the past week. This guy michael dangerous also appears to be nutty but at least he doesn't appear to be stalking people.
But in the case of this particular item it is painfully obvious that both JDGTR and Michael bailed on the item AFTER they bid because they were too foolish to notice from the start that the seller posted it as antique. All of the nonsense that happened after that is kinda immaterial imo
Not the end of the world but as a mod I believe you should note it considering the fact that both of them have been called out in other auctions very recently
Yep, I have definetely noted it. As for him trolling your threads, you are always welcome to use the report button on any posts you feel are trolling your thread, and either me, Longtooths, or one of the admins will take care of it if they believe it is trolling as well.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just want to sell my item not start world war 3
Unfortunately it appears that unless JDGTR is still willing to at least honor the original 300m bid....they have both bailed on it. Sorry this happened to your sale.

If you want I can remove all of our posts so you can start the sale over fresh.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have banned michael dangerous from this thread. He can view it and can see that the OP refuses to accept his bids. If anyone would like me to ban him from future threads, please get the thread starter to ask me to do so in the original post or the posts that come after it. If the OP specifies that he is not allowed to bid in that thread, and he bids anyway, I will also thread ban him.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
EVERYONE, this forum / board belongs to the moderators such as nexus / captain and others.

So all just play by their rules. Or else go trade elsewhere.

billy857

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seller, i didnt get no ICQ from u to work something out....

If u still keen to sell, then ICQ me.

Please also report dangerous's a s s to mod for banning.
add me to icq 432121915 for some reaon I don't think my messages are going to you and I don't want to add my phone number

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Seller billy is a good guy who just wanted to sell his wares.

We've came to a deal.

Good things do come to a good end.

Berg and berg camps will always be Bergs.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Thank you billy.

Again, thanks to Nails Warstien for awesome brokerage! He need to open a UOA trade firm or Ron should acquire Nails to work for UO.