• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] Best Fencing Weapon for a Sampire or Wammy

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've read many of the threads on Sampire/Wammy templates. There is a consensus on the weapons to use for Swordsmanship and Mace Fighting. But I've yet to hear a recommendation for the best Fencing weapon. So I thought I'd ask...

Is there an equivalent fencing weapon that is effective for Sampires or Wammys with similar mods as the Twinkling Scimitars and the Silver-Etched maces (for example)?

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a spear once with HML, HSL, SSI and HLD.

That was the best fencing weapon for the sampire. I sold it...

Anywho, there are no artifact fencing weapons better than the looted/crafted ones.

C

Connor_Graham

Leaf Blades are the best Fencing weps for a Sampire. The DPS is among the highest you can have.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Would the 16 HML from the Magekiller Leafblade stack with a runic hammer bonus? If so, this sounds like it would be similar (maybe slightly slower) than the Radiant Scimitar and its variants.

What about the Elven Spellblades? The Spellblade of Defense seems very similar to the Twinkling Scimitar (same base damage and swing speed), but only 5 DCI instead of 6 DCI.

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Connor_Graham

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the ML on the Magekiller will stack. I seem to recall someone posting a thread recently asking what happened when they tried to do exactly that.

I'd stick with the Leaf Blades. Spellblades are 2 handed weps. You have to keep in mind that the Twinkling Scimitar is not popular simply because of it's DCI, but moreso because it's a 1 handed wep that has Whirlwind as one of it's specials. It allows you to drink pots and take out multiple opponents at once.

O

Old Man of UO

I'll have to try making a few Leaf blades to see what kind of bonuses I can get with a bronze hammer.

But overall, there is no one "best" sampire fencing weapon. My favorite is a kryss I got from a deamon paragon with demon slayer, 47% HML and 48% DI. Works wonders in Doom with a Conjurer's Trinket, and can out damage almost anyone in Doom with it. But it doesn't do nearly as well for other critters.

I mostly use looted fencing weapons and save the super slayers, and do a lot of swapping.

N

Nematode

I'll have to try making a few Leaf blades to see what kind of bonuses I can get with a bronze hammer.

But overall, there is no one "best" sampire fencing weapon. My favorite is a kryss I got from a deamon paragon with demon slayer, 47% HML and 48% DI. Works wonders in Doom with a Conjurer's Trinket, and can out damage almost anyone in Doom with it. But it doesn't do nearly as well for other critters.

I mostly use looted fencing weapons and save the super slayers, and do a lot of swapping.
Sorry, had to be OT and ask, but does a Daemon slayer weapon + Conjurer's Trinket stack to 200% DI?

O

Old Man of UO

Sorry, had to be OT and ask, but does a Daemon slayer weapon + Conjurer's Trinket stack to 200% DI?
The Trinket is an Undead slayer, not a deamon slayer. But I don't think even an undead weapon and undead slayer stacks damage. However, with undead crowding around the Dark Father, and the deamon weapon and trinket, I never run out of mana even with specials.

G

gjohnson5

I dunno, a few people say leaf blade on the board, but I still see lots of people still using kryss and war fork more often. I like short spear mortal strike as well

My blacksmith made some 20 ssi lajatang. The high damage + frenzied whirlwind has been very helpful

O

Old Man of UO

The thing I like most about fencing is that there is no "One" best weapon type, rather several that work well depending on the mods.

I think archery, maces and swords needs to be rebalanced to be more like that.

C

Chaosy

I dunno, a few people say leaf blade on the board, but I still see lots of people still using kryss and war fork more often. I like short spear mortal strike as well

My blacksmith made some 20 ssi lajatang. The high damage + frenzied whirlwind has been very helpful
A kryss does not put out as much damage as a leafblade. Neither does a war fork, and even though the specials on a war fork are better, they're not all that useful for PvM.

You can't drink potions with a short spear or lajatang.

G

gjohnson5

A kryss does not put out as much damage as a leafblade. Neither does a war fork, and even though the specials on a war fork are better, they're not all that useful for PvM.

You can't drink potions with a short spear or lajatang.
Which has always been the main problem w/bushido
Once you unequip that weapon you have no defenses...
So just set uoassist to unequip , drink cure / heal and then re-equip
Don't get me wrong, there's no perfect setup... Everything has drawbacks

IMHO all 2 handed melee weaps should be balanced, and balanced archery weapons should simply go away

T

Turdnugget

Vampire form you rarely need to cure... you self cure unless it's a high end poison.

Best fencing weapon is Leafblade for it's DPS.... as has been stated.

C

Chaosy

Which has always been the main problem w/bushido
Once you unequip that weapon you have no defenses...
So just set uoassist to unequip , drink cure / heal and then re-equip
Don't get me wrong, there's no perfect setup... Everything has drawbacks

IMHO all 2 handed melee weaps should be balanced, and balanced archery weapons should simply go away
No, you just use a one-handed weapon instead.

Unless you have wrestling or defensive wrestling, you're always going to have no defense if you unequip your weapon with or without bushido, making your argument a moot point.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The leafblade is nice since it is one-handed (free hand for pots), but if you want to do the most dps, look at a pike with SSI 30%. The cool thing about a pike is it can be poisoned and Infectious strike is very useful in PvP (at least IMHO).

Another nice 2h High-dps weapon is the Lajatang (somebody else mentioned it I think). Defense Mastery isn't very helpful, but Frenzied Whirlwind is excellent against multiple targets.

Both the pike and Lajatang require SSI 30% to be fully effective. A Leafblade requires just a little SSI (like 10%) to be fully effective, so it is still pretty good with no SSI at all.

With no SSI, a 2-handed Elven Spellblade or pitchfork will do the most dps. For a 1-handed weapon with no SSI, you might want to consider a good old War Fork.

Of course the specials are always important too. So maybe a little less damage but better specials should be considered as well. Since specials are personal preference, I won't make any specific recommendation here.

Oh, and btw, I'm assuming Stamina in the 150 range. ;-)