• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Best Archery build for champ spawning with disco tamer?

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys,

I'm pretty much just coming back to UO and have been working on characters for champ spawning. I have a whammy and a discord tamer already made (seperate accounts) that I have been using to do spawns with. I'm starting to feel like the whammy would be better being an archer template for killing the champs. It'd be much easier to sit back and snipe the champion while my dragon tanks than standing toe to toe with champs such as Rikktor on my whammy and get obliterated. Right now the archer temp I'm thinking of going is 120 arch tactics bushido 100 heal 95 anat 95 resist 75 chiv. Using a hit area magical shortbow and slayer weapons on champions.

Any other suggestions with a brief description why?

Thanks

C

Connor_Graham

This is the template I use for champs, Peerless, and Doom:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Healing
95 Anatomy
90 Resist
75 Chiv

This template regularly caps out on damage against all of the above opponents and has great survivablity.

T

Turdnugget

Connor's template will get you the best damage output and kill it fastest.

Depending on what champ you're fighting, a good heavyxbow would be ideal with 150 stamina, 40 SSI and max damage + mana leech. So you're constantly chaining Lightning Strike and not really losing mana (unless it's Rikky, you need a ranged weapon)

Faster bows work, like a magical short, over time they do more damage since you're hitting more often, but it can be difficult to keep enough mana to chain LS unless you've got a good amount of LMC/MR.

Heavyxbows with max DI and critical hits from LS can do 250+ dmg per hit...

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great, thanks for the info guys.

Any other key pointers for champs with that build would be great. I haven't been around for a minute, so not really aware of all of the current mechanics.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind an archery build is a lot different in tactics...depending how you set yourself up. Turdnugget really already discussed it as far as bow choice.

Depending on your bow choice, I would make a hot key macro for honor. You can get nice, real high damage shots and then get some replenishment after each slayed opponent (depending on the level of perfection achieved).

In the event that you have no honor, it is very easy to work up.

1. Seeker of honor: grab ogre slayer and go wack ogre lords for a little while. You will get seeker from zero in no time.

2. Seeker of honor to Follower of honor: Demons, dragons, blood elementals, or titans. Pick whichever or all you like. Takes a little while longer than seeker.

3. Ancient wyrm, succubus, or balron. Pick your poison here. There are several other high end tiers you can do, skeletal dragon, etc. but the ones listed are more favorable. Other mobs you can do as well but it will take a lot longer. Knight of honor is the one most people miss out on. You will need to either be A. VERY efficient at killing said mobs quickly, or B. a lot of patience. Since, it will take some dedicated time set aside to do this.

If you set yourself up right, you literally will never run out of mana when fighting champs. Positioning of yourself and your tactics are the key.

R

rwek

Suits are always important to compliment the templates.

Do you scratch DCI from this archer template since your goal is not to be hit?

A little basic arti setup for the suit would be helpful.