• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best "affordable" Template for Treasures of Doom ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was debating recently with a fellow player over which is the best "affordable" template for the Treasures of Doom limited time content.

Considering the bonus from worn luck, I was insisting that a tamer would be the best template as it is a bit easier to wear higher luck for a tamer while he was insisting, even if with less luck worn, a Mystic Mage Template would be much better for Doom.

Someone else, instead, insisted on an Archer or possibly a Thrower as the best template for this Event even if worn luck was to be less.

I know that with lots of gold and an imbuer at hand it is possible to have max (or very high) luck suits for dexers or ranged characters, but I was trying to suggest the use of a template which could be "affordable" to most players, not just some with a lot of gold and an imbuer at hand....

What is, in your opinion, the best "affordable" Template for this limited life content, based on your experience ?

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mystic mage in dark guardians room for the win stand in the middle precast nether cyclone then target your own life bar when they spawn. preferable holding undead slayer book and any extra sdi is hepfull ofc more luck the better as well.i do waaay better with this method than I do in gauntlet personally after trying samp/mystic/tamer in both spots. Hope it helps. Thats right the secrets out folks....;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam told the mystic thrower is the best all around template at this time of UO

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sampire or dexter with whirlwind. around 400 luck and guarantee higher drops than a tamer with 4k.
its all about killing quick.

im sure its nothing compared to some, but ive been doing well with a sampire with around 1200 luck. found a good spot with good balance of spawn, getting around 15 an hour.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have about 1k luck and high offensive skills. Take 4 packys and a whirlwind weapon to the dark guardians room. You want enough firepower to kill a dark guardian within 1 or two shots. Get in the room with the packys and whirlwind away. Defensive stats are not as important for these guys because yoyr killing them in 1-2 hits. Not only do doom arties drop nicely you make great gold.

* bushidos evade is very handy incase you get a couple tougher versions. Also dont foget to heal and cure your packys.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get in that dark guardian room and farm away. I use a sampire with luck suit and a weapon with undead slayer and whirlwind special move.