• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bennu Birds and The Myans

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What are your thoughts on the Myans calender? (After surviving the great Atlantic revert, we could sure use a little levity)

Picture a happy record keeper chiseling away at a tablet for future record keeping.

He is happy because he can smell the towns people preparing for the winter solstice celebration and he knows he will be eating well this coming week. He just finishes tapping out the future date 12/21/2012 and takes a lunch break. His buddies gather around with their meals and drink and they start discussing the stars, the coming celebrations and daily activities, not unlike you and me today.

When a young lass asks what is the next symbol you will be tapping out on that tablet Mr record keeper for I have not been schooled in numbers.

We will have to hold a formal council for there is no symbol we recognize in our language beyond which I have posted.

So the lass snickers O wise men of the Myans the council never agrees on anything. This could take centuries.

The little lunch gathering breaks up and the record keeper is called away, except for the young lass who decides to be mischievous and chisels a Great Bennu Bird with an Ouroboros ring held in his talons.
The young lass thought a great Bird in flight would mean we can reach indefinite destinations while the ring would symbolize no beginning and no end. But like most young he soon tires of this laborious work and wanders off to the stream.

The record keeper however returns to see his work has been tampered with and in a fit of anger throws his hammer at the tablet breaking off any hope of future posts to this tablet. When I return after the solstice celebration I will have to start a new tablet and calls it a day.

Last edited: