• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Benefits of a non-Gargoyle crafter

covert

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any? I know gathering is a different story, but I can't find any reason to be anything but a gargoyle for strictly crafting.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any? I know gathering is a different story, but I can't find any reason to be anything but a gargoyle for strictly crafting.
The only reason to have a "non" Gargoyle Imbuer, is for training the skill. Once you hit 120, eat the race change token or soulstone the 120 skill to a Gargoyle char.

Or if your Imbuer is really just for unravelling loot into MR and EE ingredients, human, elf or orc is fine:) To do the High End imbuing with the least amount of loss and to increase your chances of unravelling to Relic Fragments, Gargoyle and Queens Forge are needed.

After all, Imbuing is a part of the Gargoyle-centric SA expansion. I am surprised that human characters were even allowed to learn Imbuing and/or Mysticism.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't think of a reason for a crafter to be a gargoyle, if not an imbuer.

To get the most skill points out of a carpenter, it would need to be Elven (to allow the use of the Song woven mantle, to save 10 skill points). An elven carpenter can make musical instruments by getting all 45 points in music from craftable equipment and a talisman; humans require the same (minus the mantle) plus 5 real points, or the Bard version of the Mark of Travesty.

To be a tailor and/or smith, one is best human for the heavier carrying capacity without being overweight (important for crafting, as well as turning in BODs and hauling the rewards back home).

Gargoyles can't use mining gloves, and 101.1 or higher mining is ESSENTIAL for maximum ingot return from recycling crafted smith items. After all, ingots are a lot harder to get than residue and essence, which is all you'd get from unraveling failures instead of smelting them back to reuse.

Gargoyles shouldn't even have the option of having the Bowcrafting skill, and again the weight allowance of a human is more useful for doing quest runs trying to get runic fletching tools from Heartwood.