• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Benambra's Trail: The Case of the Missing Scholar

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thorpe has a new mission - please find him at King Blackthorn's Castle.

Please read both the reporting books as well as the Dossier as they will help greatly with the investigation. The event will run until the end of 9/6. Reports must be filed no later than 9/10.

This is part of the "Benambra's Trail" arc which will rotate, more or less, between Investigation events led by Thorpe and "Adventure" events led by Jeffrey.

Please visit this page on the Catskills EM site for more information on this story arc.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dangit I did it again. It is the CASE OF THE MISSING ADEPT! Gah.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow ! You have outdone yourself on this Mission. Awesome ! There are so many things that may happen out of this Mission. I am truly looking forward to see how things will start to unfold. There is one place called the Temple of Knowledge, not the Tower of Knowledge. I Searched high and low the town of ...... and could not find anyone else to talk to about the group of humans that may exist, that have their eyes and ears everywhere and are always in the Thick of Things. ;)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Scribe does not respond to the answer of "Arch Energy Vortex" (in Words of Power of course)... we're kinda stuck here.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Scribe does not respond to the answer of "Arch Energy Vortex" (in Words of Power of course)... we're kinda stuck here.
Scribe ? ... Menli the Scribe ? I talked to the Guide, the Scholar and Historian. PM me if you need a hint or help. I know that Menli the Scholar just talked (looped) all his lines over and over again. I couldn't get a word in edgewise.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Scribe won't have anything relevent for the investigation. I left him/her there to be continuous with the last event - I've "turned it off" to avoid any more confusion, though.

Question for anyone who goes through the event: is the "looping" annoying, or preferable to having to continually prompt? In some cases there is only one "branch" the conversation can go, so I'm experimenting with just having that relayed on a loop.

Also, I may extend this event. The information you will uncover will be very integral to the story that is going on - it links A TON of things from past events/arcs to what will becoming in the future. This event (and the next one) will really serve as a nexus point (that is one reason I was encouraging people to participate as a group for this one).

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barnaby, I like the mix... mostly like the responsive NPC's but I certainly can see where the looping NPC's are useful. So I say keep it both, but maybe the looping can START with a keyword rather than someone's presence? Say with "Hello" or "Hail".

I have the RBGU involved on this, its a group of my guildies doing it together. I thought it was perfect for the RBGU to do as it will lead to some collaborative efforts among other RBG of Catskills groups, not just Umbra. I am looking to spearhead that effort, kinda draw the dormant RBG out of the woodworks. So ANYONE that wants in on that with us as a group, let us know. I would love to see some of the Royal Guards from Vesper, Trinsic, and Yew get in on the action as well as the RBG of Serpent's Hold (the original OoSS), some of these folks are still around. Time to unite once again.

:heart: Pandy

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I liked the looping. I think for a long convo of you need to know all this was perfect. You should still have the others that respond to key words. Keep me guessing at times :) I think I got everything, I know you said brief summery but I went into silly wicked detail. I have like 2 books for you to peruse ;) I do like the little bit of danger you put into certain areas you have to Investigate. It keeps my Detectives on their toes.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just thought the ENDLESS loop was a bit too much, that's why I said instead of triggering it on presence, trigger it on a Hello or Hail.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last call!

I'm extending the deadline for reports until the end of tomorrow (Saturday)! The quest should still be active for those who haven't finished it yet. I've started to read the reports I've gotten already but probably won't finish until Sunday.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Points are updated to reflect this investigation, as well as the "bump" in points being provided to existing investigators due to changes to the Investigator system. These changes have been updated on the main Investigator page.

Point details for this mission were as follows:

Benambra’s Trail: The Case of the Missing Adept
.5 Points for visiting each of the 8 locations Menli the Adept visited
1 Point for speaking with Vincent
1 Point for summary of investigation
1-2 points for analysis of clues
Total possible points: 8

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor