• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Begging bug?

D

Dame Judi

From the Town Hall notes over in UHall I noticed this little nugget:
Beggars: Beggars will be useful for Trick or Treating also a bugfix for begging in 56
Anyone have any idea which bug they are talking about?

D

Dame Judi

Aw gee and here I was hoping that maybe it was a bug that was making gains so freaking slow. (and I'm only at 96.2) Well rats....

B

BartofCats

I listened to the townhall... the bug they are fixxing is the one where the NPC says "here take this amount of gold" yet gives you 0 gold.

now if they would only fix the gain rate...

F

Fink

I listened to the townhall... the bug they are fixxing is the one where the NPC says "here take this amount of gold" yet gives you 0 gold.

And the skill timer! :sad4:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And the skill timer! :sad4:
Honestly, I think the gain rate and the skill timer and tied very closely together. Almost to the point that fixing the timer would fix the gain rate.

S

Salty Pete

Eliminating (fixing) the timer would fix the gain rate.

D

Dame Judi

But... but then wouldn't that unbalance the skill?

You don't want to have to face hoards of GM Beggars out there at the Yew moongates do you? And what about speedhacking? Why we would be up to our death robes in no time at all if they started speedhacking begging skills.

Pretty scary stuff if you think about it.

F

Fink

But... but then wouldn't that unbalance the skill?

You don't want to have to face hoards of GM Beggars out there at the Yew moongates do you? And what about speedhacking? Why we would be up to our death robes in no time at all if they started speedhacking begging skills.

Pretty scary stuff if you think about it.
And they thought greater dragons were overpowered.. :eek:

Wonder if we'll get more "acquired by begging" items from gargoyles..

S

Salty Pete

And they thought greater dragons were overpowered.. :eek:

Wonder if we'll get more "acquired by begging" items from gargoyles..
I'm hoping for different "acquired by begging" items.

D

Dame Judi

It would be really nice if they could actually learn from the past and not just add new junk. Like bod rewards, stuff gets old after 5-6 years. I suggest they drop some of the old stuff (would make rares collectors ecstatic) before adding the new.

I seriously think bods would have remained interesting and viable far longer had they done that.

S

Salty Pete

Ya, that's my hope too, I didn't make it very clear. Different stuffs!
I think it would be in our best interest if the old items were discontinued at the time of new items being introduced.

F

Fink

Publish 56's list is out now.. looks like the begging bug to be fixed is when NPCs verbally offer you gold but don't actually give you the gp. Nice!

D

Dame Judi

They had better wait to get rid of the Sake until I get mine!
Maybe they could leave in the items that are harder to get and say, replace the bread with cinnamon buns or the shirts could come in colors. Something along those lines anyway.