• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beetle Needed

B

Beddo

Could someone tell me what a Beetle would cost and how I can get one? I mine outside of Luna and am sick of dragging my pets from Brit. I would like to use a beetle to smelt some ore so I don't have to keep intruding on public houses looking for a forge.

I'm assuming when mounted, the beetle will teleport with you when you recall. The pack horse just sits there looking confused.

The name is Angus and I'm trying to get back in to things after leaving during LBR.

E

eolsunder

well i'll get in touch with you later, i can tame you some beetles if you want.

You need to wait a week before a beetle bonds with you so that it will recall around with you. you can use a unbonded beetle, you simply have to recall to where you are going, log out and back in, and your pet will appear next to you.

So what you should have is one beetle in the stables (feed it first) so that one will become your bonded pet, and use another beetle until the other is ready. If your lucky enough to keep the other one alive for a week, you can bond that also.

When you get in, find someone with the TMC guild tag, and ask them if they can see if eolsunder is on, and ill meet up with you to tame you some. Also just ask at the bank some bored tamer might run out and grab you a couple.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everytime I needed a beetle I just spammed at Luna bank, and tipped the person who got them for me. Might try that.

E

eolsunder

I don't charge anyone, they aren't hard to get any decent tamer can tame them all day long. Usually i charge for a fire beetle cause they take longer to tame but a regular blue beetle isn't no trouble. Takes a couple minutes to grab one.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fire beetle is what he's lookin' for, Eol :) don't care much for that dungeon, but if help is needed I can bring a bard along

B

Beddo

If I can create ingots on a blue beetle as well as store stuff, then yeah that would be perfect. If it is just used for storage, then I might as well use a pack horse. I'm not worried about fighting abilities of the pet as my crafter has absolutely no skill so he does the carebear thing.

I can compensate you for your time maybe with some stuff I fish up? I would imagine you have all GM skills or access to them, so crafting anything wouldn't matter much I assume, but I can do that as well.

The time savings being able to smelt the ore while mining is quite a bit. Just let me know. My ICQ is 3769690 (Yes I beta tested ICQ and it is still in the millions)

My tell does not seem to work in KR. I added Fiona from TMC to send a tell but it continually failed. I'm not sure how else to contact you other than hanging out in Luma, which I will do if I don't hear from you.

No urgency here, so whenever you have some time. I have plenty to catch up on.

B

Beddo

I just read up on beetles. It turns out that a fire beetle is what i am after.

No sweat if you don't have time or it's not worth it. I'm sure someone will sell one to me.

I know you just came back and that's probably the last thing you want to do.

The way I see it, this in itself is a quest. Find someone who would get a Fire Beetle for me, then raising the cash to afford it. Sure beats Kill X number of Y Creature.

Like I said, I have plenty to do and my place is really close to the mountains anyhow.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell you what ... there happens to be a freshly tamed fire beetle in the possession of Lord Eternos. Alas, his stable is full so he has nowhere to put it. If you could meet him at the New Haven moongate right now, he would happily donate it to a good home.

edit: hmm ... ok, I'm not there any more, but let me know a time when you're available and the beetle stands ready

B

Beddo

And I even like the color.

If you find you need some pearls, nets or anything a fisher or gm crafter can provide, please let me know.

I will be working on BODs to get a power scroll for crafting.

Thanks again.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried bods, but I always got crap. I didnt have the patience to run bods though.

B

Beddo

The FAQ in the Craftsman forum has great information on what to keep and what to discard.

I didn't have the patience either since I could only get one tailoring and one smithing BOD every 360 minutes. The FAQ tells you to put .01 smithing and .01 tailoring on all of your characters that are levelling. You can then get 1 smithing and 1 tailoring BOD every hour. Take those easy BODs and fill them with store bought items and turn them in with your high level crafter and you should get higher level ones.

After only a few days, I have some Large BODs almost complete.

There is also a tool that will tell you exactly what rewards you can expect from each BOD you turn in.

It comes in handy when deciding which ones are worth the time.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure which one you're using, but there is also Tower of Roses, which I use mostly for the gardening charts

the site is not updated anymore, and really I know that one day I'll click that link and it simply won't be there, but the basic charts should still be accurate