• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been trying to pull a shadow ellie for training

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

Have shadow ellies and pulling them up changed?

I've noticed that the prospectors tool no longer sez it is increasing the ore to dull copper, only that dull copper has been found. I've used up 2 gargoyles pick axes and no ellie.

Am I doing this incorrectly? Been working it in Malas.

I remember ages ago it was no big thing to dig up an ellie to train pets.

Thanks in advance

Mac

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A gargoyle's pick axe will pull out shadow elementals from all normal and dull copper veins. I would skip using the prospector's tool as it will make it harder to get the shadow elementals.

Alternately, you can go to the Yamatso Mine and find the naturally spawning shadow elemental. You should be able to outrun all the spawn to reach it safely.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A gargoyle's pick axe will pull out shadow elementals from all normal and dull copper veins. I would skip using the prospector's tool as it will make it harder to get the shadow elementals.

Alternately, you can go to the Yamatso Mine and find the naturally spawning shadow elemental. You should be able to outrun all the spawn to reach it safely.
A garg pick will not pull up a shadow ele from a normal vein unless you use a prospectors tool on it.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forget the Shadow Elementals! If you want some quality pet training, head to lvl 2 shame & fight Mud Elementals. They have like 120 Wrestling and 100-110 Tactics.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Forget the Shadow Elementals! If you want some quality pet training, head to lvl 2 shame & fight Mud Elementals. They have like 120 Wrestling and 100-110 Tactics.
also those black androzoid things in termur near wheat the bouras are will not take damage from pets. they cast too.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the assist guys,

Eric, since I was having no luck pulling an ellie, lvl 2 shame is exactly where I've been hanging out training all my children.
SK, not real familiar with TerMur yet, but since I want to go get real familiar with it, I'll be on the lookout. Thanks bra.