• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been one heck of a long while...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been one heck of a long while sicne I've touched UO and I gotta admit I'm kind of missing it. Anyway, I was thinking of returning even though I'm not sure for how long but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whats changed with Baja. One thing I do recall that I doubt has changed, does eveyone still jang out at the Luna bank or has everyone found their way back to the tram bank ?

Edit: Off topic but WTH happened to my post count here ?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Miner,

I'm not sure how long you've been gone since I moved to Baja only 2 years ago but yes, people do pretty much still hang out at the Luna Bank. There are a few old diehards that still hang at the Brit Bank and there are many that alternate between them. As far as changes on Baja in general... someone who has been here longer would have a better handle than I but I think the responses are going to be as varied as the people responding.

As far as your post count is concerned I'm afraid I have bad news. Quite some time ago the ubb boards crashed when someone at the data center formatted the live server instead of the identical spare. Those accounts that were able to be recovered came in to vbulletin as imported_username. I checked with Petra this morning and she didn't see an imported Username for your account so your info was not one of the ones that was recovered.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Miner,

I'm not sure how long you've been gone since I moved to Baja only 2 years ago but yes, people do pretty much still hang out at the Luna Bank. There are a few old diehards that still hang at the Brit Bank and there are many that alternate between them. As far as changes on Baja in general... someone who has been here longer would have a better handle than I but I think the responses are going to be as varied as the people responding.

As far as your post count is concerned I'm afraid I have bad news. Quite some time ago the ubb boards crashed when someone at the data center formatted the live server instead of the identical spare. Those accounts that were able to be recovered came in to vbulletin as imported_username. I checked with Petra this morning and she didn't see an imported Username for your account so your info was not one of the ones that was recovered.
Thx for getting back to me, first, as for the post count stuff... no biggie.

Ass for the rest, I left about the time you probably showed up around 2 years ago. In any case, I've been playing around with WoW and hav been toying with the idea of coming back to UO for some time, probably about the past yr. Just never really did to much about it until now, still need to reactivate my account though which I can't do until next month. That said, I hope my account / characters are still in tact. I have alot of ncie stuff in the bank like the music boxes etc. Sold off everything else like a nice Luna house befoe I left and walked everything else to the bank. I'm sure things have changed quite alot but I'm also sure alot of it's still the same, for the most part any way. That said, I believe I have every expansion up to SA but one begs the question, for arguments sake. SA comes with every past expansion doesnt it, in case there's soem things I may have missed.

Oh, before I forget... do you know of any upcoming return to brit deals... even if only for a few hrs I really would love to know if my account characters and bank stuff is still there. I just don't have the $15 to pay for a month right now. I remember about 5 yrs ago when I was still playing that there was some things on the UO site talking about character deletions and what not.

Edit: It looks like I'm missing Kingdom Reborn, Stygian Abyss & High Seas

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you get SA, I believe that has all the past expansions. High Seas is an additional 'booster', which you would have to get separately. I could start to go into what has changed since I last saw you on these forums ... but wow .. I have to get to work and don't have the time heh ...

Seems to me there was, maybe a month ago, maybe two? a return to brit program going on .. so unsure of when they may do another ... seems to be brief when and around the releases of new content ...

I am fairly certain that all your chars and bank accts should be good to go, should be no reason anything has poofed.

All that being said, good luck, and if you happen back this way, let me know ... been mapping open house plots for a couple weeks now ... plenty o' room for towers and large customs all over ;-)

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you get SA, I believe that has all the past expansions. High Seas is an additional 'booster', which you would have to get separately. I could start to go into what has changed since I last saw you on these forums ... but wow .. I have to get to work and don't have the time heh ...

Seems to me there was, maybe a month ago, maybe two? a return to brit program going on .. so unsure of when they may do another ... seems to be brief when and around the releases of new content ...

I am fairly certain that all your chars and bank accts should be good to go, should be no reason anything has poofed.

All that being said, good luck, and if you happen back this way, let me know ... been mapping open house plots for a couple weeks now ... plenty o' room for towers and large customs all over ;-)
Thx for that because one thing I'd be interested in doin is getting hooked up with a house first to set up my custom smelting room again. I'd be looking ofr atleast an 18x18, maybe a keep and only a castle for the luxory of it. That said, I'm not even sure if I saved any gold. I sold off most of my stuff to friends when I left, I think I may have saved myself like a mil or soemthing not sure but I should with luck have enough between all my characters to atleast if noting else place a house. As for my last time here on stratics, ya, it was about the time I quite so it's been about 2yrs as well since I've touched the forums. Either way it sort of feels good to be back even though I'm half way there.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx for that because one thing I'd be interested in doin is getting hooked up with a house first to set up my custom smelting room again. I'd be looking ofr atleast an 18x18, maybe a keep and only a castle for the luxory of it.

If i can find a plot to place a castle .... then you can have my keep ;-)

That being said, any area's you prefer over others? Fel/Tram? North South? Coast/Inland? Guessing near a mountain as you mentioned a smelting room .. and .. well you name is TheMiner ....

I know of a handful of places, and can double check them tonight, to see what the largest houses available there are ...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I cant get my old 18x18 back outside the east Luna gate then I would probably settle for a 18x18 next to a mountain or something, but preferrably tram. Never was big on PVP and last thing I want to do is come back to this game, start mining and get ganked on my first day out tryin to just settle in heh.

Edit: All that being said, I still need to get in to the game to make sure all my characters etc are still there and maybe "buy" a few mil to get started in case I did break myself when I left.

Edit 2: Hit me up on ICQ so we can talk sometime because I'm def comin back when I get the money next month unless someone wants to hook me up with a welcome back 30 day GT ;-p

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I managed to get a few bucks in to my PayPal account, enough for one month anyway. Well, the issue is now finding a reputable site / person to sell me a 30 day code thats not outrageously priced.