• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been hoping things would change....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But they have not. I am not going to go into all of the details of my health and side effects of the problem and the cure. Some have noticed I have been absent for a while. My good friend Victim being the most consistent asking how I am doing :) Hate long drawn out goodbye and I am quitting post :( Truth is I don't want to but it is impossible for me to play anymore. I thought I would be able to and pick up where I left off when this all began but I just physically can't. One of the side effects/complications is my vision, sounds stupid as I can see fine until I look at a computer screen or TV and everything goes swirly and blurry within about 5 minutes and causes the most god awful headaches that last for a couple of hours. So this is Goodbye and I quit.

I will add this I WON UO!!! Not because of any ingame achievement but because of all of the great friends past and present that I made over the last 18 years. There are far too many to list off and so many gone before me. Siege has always been the top shard in my book long before I was Tyrath on Siege :) I wish you all the best and hope everyone achieves all that they want and desire in this crazy old game. I do truly wish I could continue the journey with you :(

Starcon if you want the wolf house and the hub back they are yours again. Freelsey if you want the garden house it is still yours :) I am going to bank my soul stones and a few odds and ends and close my all 18 of my active accounts. I dropped most back to Monthly billing and a few to every 3 months when I got very sick, so other than the Garden, Wolf and Hub all of my houses and contents will decay and idoc at some point. Some of the locations should make for some very interesting PvP :)

After I get the stones banked over the next couple of days, I will not log into UO again. Unless there is some great miracle that allows me to look at pixels without the vertigo and headaches :) Have fun everyone and enjoy the IDOCs.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOW You treatment is affecting your optic nerves and you can literally see your scan rate. I had this while in the NAVY with the cheap monitors/screens that I had to look at and it would make my head hurt so bad, I understand what you are going through and maybe with time or a VERY VERY high res screen you may be able to look at a TV/Computer in the future. Good luck SIR, you will be missed.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh damn! That is really bad news! However, if there is a way you can enjoy life, its still far better than the scenario we first talked about.

I really hope that things will brighten up, you never know.

It has been a pleasure and a honor, Tyrath! Take care and if you can, just login sometimes and call us names on this board ;)

All the best wishes!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW You treatment is affecting your optic nerves and you can literally see your scan rate. I had this while in the NAVY with the cheap monitors/screens that I had to look at and it would make my head hurt so bad, I understand what you are going through and maybe with time or a VERY VERY high res screen you may be able to look at a TV/Computer in the future. Good luck SIR, you will be missed.
Funny thing is like the message boards not so bad, in game and any movement its terrible. Guess that would be the scan rate at play? Like looking at the screen right now, I can see thousands and thousands of little dots that are barely moving. Go in game and it looks like glitter being flushed down a toilet LOL.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to hear that you are leaving us with all of the glitter pixels in UO Tyrath! Hehe

I like that this is exactly how i'm going to end my 14 accounts when the time comes to leave.
I'll sit back and smile thinking about everyone going thru the crap from my 100's of hoarder houses!

I'm still hoping for that great miracle that you mention so you will be able to play again without vertigo and headaches!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sad to hear that Tyrath, I hope a break from UO will give your body peace to heal. Take it easy and try not to push yourself to hard, no matter what you are doing. I was worried for you, when you tried to be back full time. If you try again, if you get better, try start easy with one or two accounts and just hang out having fun with friends.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear that you are leaving us with all of the glitter pixels in UO Tyrath! Hehe

I like that this is exactly how i'm going to end my 14 accounts when the time comes to leave.
I'll sit back and smile thinking about everyone going thru the crap from my 100's of hoarder houses!

I'm still hoping for that great miracle that you mention so you will be able to play again without vertigo and headaches!
Hehe Some houses are empty, some are loaded with absolute garbage I hoarded over the years and others are loaded to the gills :)

Sadly the vast majority of my good junk is in my Legends Castles and Keeps and I am sure the Idocers will find my 3 houses on atlantic :) Almost worth keeping one account open just to watch the Siege and Prodo Fel Idocs fall ;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny thing is like the message boards not so bad, in game and any movement its terrible. Guess that would be the scan rate at play? Like looking at the screen right now, I can see thousands and thousands of little dots that are barely moving. Go in game and it looks like glitter being flushed down a toilet LOL.
Its a focusing stigmatism, on an unmoving screen I am fine but when there is a lot of movement and the refresh rate is low I can see the scan/refresh. It was so bad that I could see the guns as they ran across the screen. Digital monitors helped a lot. I was told that there are glasses that may help but the military would never admit that poor visual devices were the cause for my eyesight/headaches. When I went in I had better than 20/20 it was almost like I could see at 40 what most saw at 20 but that soon was corrected with ****ty video displays. After you are done with treatment you may be able to watch stuff with more movement. I can not look at the EC because of the movement or any 3d games/movies they kill me.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a focusing stigmatism, on an unmoving screen I am fine but when there is a lot of movement and the refresh rate is low I can see the scan/refresh. It was so bad that I could see the guns as they ran across the screen. Digital monitors helped a lot. I was told that there are glasses that may help but the military would never admit that poor visual devices were the cause for my eyesight/headaches. When I went in I had better than 20/20 it was almost like I could see at 40 what most saw at 20 but that soon was corrected with ****ty video displays. After you are done with treatment you may be able to watch stuff with more movement. I can not look at the EC because of the movement or any 3d games/movies they kill me.
I tried the EC last night thinking it might be better.......... LOL WORSE by far!!!

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe Some houses are empty, some are loaded with absolute garbage I hoarded over the years and others are loaded to the gills :)

Sadly the vast majority of my good junk is in my Legends Castles and Keeps and I am sure the Idocers will find my 3 houses on atlantic :) Almost worth keeping one account open just to watch the Siege and Prodo Fel Idocs fall ;)
Empty!?! You're no hoarder!

If I had anything bigger than my large tower i'd totally consider hanging onto 1 account to watch the IDOC doodie show!
A bunch of my houses are on Sonoma so with less people there it would only be mongbats and nuthatches fighting over the loot.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can related to the eye problem I haven't been on the game for about a month til lastnight did some trick or treating on great lakes gonna get on Siege sometime to do some trick or treating even though I have no begging skills.I do hope you get better to come back to us soon.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I to had the headaches from the staring at the monitors, far less today thanks to this HD TV I have hooked to my laptop. I hope you are able to over come this problem and get back to something you enjoy. Till then, TTFN.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Appreciate everyone's sentiment of "When I come back" but I am not going to come back. It is not because I don't love UO and the Community. I just don't want to be out of game for a year and have to relearn all new systems yet again. Just being gone my usual April through October and starting up again....... I get just about up to speed before April rolls around again. Won't say never but I did something last night after transferring houses that I have not done in my 18 years of UO....... I closed my 3 oldest accounts. That was harder than I anticipated to hit the *End Subscription* Button on those accts. They were kind of like old friends. But I did pack up all the soul stones just in case I someday get a wild hair and reactivate an account or 20 :)

On another note, I am going to give props to the Dev team. They are a very small group keeping a very large game going. While I don't always like what they do, they do manage to churn out new content at an admirable rate given the team size. I hope they manage to keep it up and that UO keeps going for a long time to come. It is easy to be harsh with them but look at how little they have to work with in terms of resources and numbers of Devs.