• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Becoming a Trader

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Isn't there something about trade association signs or something as a reward? Anyone got pics of those?

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
A couple questions about Trade Deals;
Do you have to be a citizen of a town to start a trade deal?
Does the credit for the trade deal go to the town you get the trade offer from?
How many different groups attack you along the way, and do the mob types vary?

Thx

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thx
No, you don't have to be a citizen
The credit goes to the town where you accept the order
Number of attacks vary.
mobs are usually about 4 currently scaling is off though, so it's hard to tell just how difficult the ambushes are going to be.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left out all the details how hard the encounters are, what kinda rewards you get and how much gold. Those things can still be changed before it all go live but they not important how to do the quest.

I can say there are several stratics people who are testing it all out and taking notes on all those things and gathering all that informations. But because these things can still change we won't post those things yet but we will have it when the Quest go live on the shards.

Sometimes there is more going on behind your back then you think. But we do this for you the Stratics readers so that you will have it when the time is right. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I do want to say is,although I wrote the Traders Quest, some of the thanks should also go to Lessa and Seinentai who help me test these things. If they are helpers or my victims, I leave that for others to decide! ;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
without the use of magic.....ouch the mages!!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thx
Please be careful with terminology. These are Trader's Quests that are the topic of the thread. Trade Deals are the things the Governors do wherein they activate the potential for certain bonuses for citizens of their cities with enough Town Loyalty.

-Galen's player

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Please be careful with terminology. These are Trader's Quests that are the topic of the thread. Trade Deals are the things the Governors do wherein they activate the potential for certain bonuses for citizens of their cities with enough Town Loyalty.

-Galen's player
Thank you for the correction... always subtle. Now I know the difference, but I am sure the average person could understand my question based on the context.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the correction... always subtle. Now I know the difference, but I am sure the average person could understand my question based on the context.
Perhaps. But in a game wherein certain terms have multiple meanings, or wherein several very close terms can be quite distinct, why not make every effort to distinguish properly? Ice East; Ice West; Ice Island; Ice Dungeon. Focus; Focus; Focus. Acid-Proof Rope; Acid-Proof Robe. One thing commonly called stat loss that is now defunct; one thing commonly called stat loss (that should really be called skill loss) that is not defunct. Murder counts can mean 2 things, 1 of which no longer has meaning, and 1 of which still does, but both of which still technically exist. And I've seen plenty of times wherein terms that perhaps should have been distinguishable based on context still were confused based on their similarities. Even if the speaker got the terms right sometimes they are still mixed up.

-Galen's player

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its only for transportation, not fighting. :)

I have edit that part in the report. :)
ahhh thats good...my mage like using magic and hes equaly happy travelling through public moongates

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahhh thats good...my mage like using magic and hes equaly happy travelling through public moongates

Can't use them for he quest, or teleporterq like the one in Jhelom and Moonglow. Or the "cross" ship in Skara Brae. Its fun to travel like this and get a chance to be ambushed. :)