• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Bearly" armoured Paladin

Darkstar Inc

Adventurer
The rising sun cast a soft light beneath eastern clouds as it peeked above the horizon, and in the dim, early dawn several paladins assembled upon the dew-drenched grass of Paladin Isle, each one armed from head to toe... all but one. The commander burst through the doors of the barracks and marched briskly to the lone man in the ripped knickers, a thin, ill-fitting tunic and strangely, a pair of bear-paw shaped slippers; with each step his bulky platemail armor jostling, squealing and clanging away with each heavy stomp. Finally, the commander stood before the unarmored initiate as he shivered in the brisk morning breeze.

"INITIATE! YOUR ARMOR!" the commander barked.

"Y-yes, commander!", the initiate's voice stuttered out.

"REPORT!"

"It's.. it's a long sto-"

"REPORT!" the commander interrupted.

The initiate hesitated at first, and then, gulping, he began..

"Well sir, it all began just a few days ago when, while carrying out my trials of initiation, I was set upon by, umm.. a talking bear, sir."

"A TALKING BEAR??"

"Not at first! At first it simply charged out of the brush, roaring loudly! I tried to take up a defensive position, and knocked it on the head with my hammer! That is when it responded with 'ow! What did you do that for??'. I could not believe my ears! After all, a bear that can talk? That's impossible!"

"ARE YOU LYING TO ME BOY??"

"No sir! I swear!"

"WELL WHAT DID YOU SAY??"

"I told it that I hit it because it was charging at me! That is when the creature apologized to me, and said, 'Allow me to introduce myself! I am Short-Tooth!' So I told her my name and my rank. She said she was in need of a good man of my abilities and virtues, and asked if I would help her for a most serious matter. The matter, she said, was of utmost importance, a matter of life and death. By my honor, I was obliged to assist this creature in need. She said a hunter was tracking her, not far behind, all because of a fair deal she had made for some food to feed her cubs. She showed me the food which appeared to be a wide assortment of donuts, sir!"

"DONUTS?!"

"Donuts, sir! I told her I would do anything I could to help, and she said, 'Anything?'. I said of course!, so she explained that to the east was a guard tower among which she was certain she could hide among, if only she had a suitable suit of armor with which to blend in! I was unsure at first, her being a large bear, how could she resemble an armored man at such a size? Yet she was very persuasive, so I reluctantly relinquished my armor for her protection. Then she gave me these pair of bear slippers, and said I should go a separate direction to trick the hunter. She gave me a donut to eat along the way, and said I should meet her at the guard tower once the hunter had passed by. I must admit sir, despite how ill-fitted the armor was upon her, and how much fur stuck out between the plates, she looked quite convincingly like a paladin. When I went my separate way she looked back and told me to remember to walk on all four to 'make it more convincing'. So as she instructed I got down on my feet and hands and crawled through the forest in my knickers until I heard a man approaching from the west.

"I turned and saw a man who had the appearance of a ranger, I believe. He took one look at me and groaned in despair. He said his name was Tserim Arryth, and that the bear had tricked me out of my armor! I asked him what deal he had made with the bear that resulted in the loss of his donuts, and he said reluctantly, 'It's a long story, okay??' And, when I returned to the guard post, as the ranger had warned me, the bear was nowhere to be seen. She tricked me, sir!"

As the initiate fell silent, the commander stared at him from behind his shut visor.

"Donut thieves? Talking bears? That is THE WORST EXCUSE I HAVE EVER HEARD INITIATE!" As he yelled, the visor would occassionally bounce up enough to catch a glimpse of his reddened faced. "IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS ORDER YOU HAD BETTER SHAPE UP! YOU HAD BETTER GET YOUR ARMOR BACK! WE DO NOT ACCEPT HALF-WITS IN THIS GROUP! COME BACK WITH YOUR ARMOR OR DON'T COME BACK AT ALL!!! GET OUT"!

Shaken, the initiate bolted for the barracks, where he remained, lamenting the sad loss of his armor. His only desire was to fight in the name of virtue among his fellow paladins. Were there any crafters that could help restore his honor and place among the Paladins of Trinsic?

paladin.jpg

Darkstar Inc

Adventurer
Can't someone help this aspiring Paladin!

I know!

Trinsic will hold a contest to see who can craft the perfect suit of armour for this initiate!

Suits can be delivered to the office of the Governor in Trinsic. Suits will be accepted during office hours on the date of March 18th between the hours of 2pm est and 8pm est. Judging will be done between 8pm and 9pm and the winner will be announced at the Keg and Anchor.

Trinsic will offer a reward of 5 million gold, a barbed runic kit (offered by the kind Lady Dramora), a valorite runic hammer with 90 charges and even more!

Suits MUST be turned in by the crafter whose name is marked on the armour. A gate will be provided from Luna during the hours posted. The winner does not have to be present to claim the prize.

Darkstar Inc

Adventurer
I never like bringing RL into the game... but I have to do it now.

I have lupus (as well as RA and ankylosing spondylitis and a few others). Normally, this does not interfere with game time, in fact it gives me even more(!), since I am on disability. But last week I developed what my Doc thought was a staph infection and she put me on a high dose sulfa antibiotic. I already take a sulfa med daily and the extra caused my lupus to think my liver was it's new playground. I now have a severe liver and skin flare and due to new meds and some old ones being temporarily suspended... I am not really in a "playing mood". steroids make me hungry, antihistamines make me sleepy, the loss of my normal sulfa med makes me achy and the skin reaction makes me insanely itchy.
I am so grateful to have been given a chance to add to the Cherry Blossom festivities! I wanted to make this event special. I meant to do more advertising. I meant to be organized. I meant... well it meant a lot to me. MEANS a lot to me, and to Trinsic.
I love the idea of bringing the communities closer and think it was a brave thing for the organizer to undertake.
I still want to do this event. I still want it to be under the "Cherry Blossom Festival" flag, but for now I have to postpone it. I am not sure yet when. I need to DO that planning and organizing I meant to do last week. I just need to be in better health to do that.
Please stay tuned.
(Lady Dramora, thanks for the added prize and I promise to safeguard it until the event is held)

Please, PLEASE do not offer "condolence" posts because they make me feel like a sick person instead of a sick week or so.

Last edited:

Darkstar Inc

Adventurer
Let's try this again!

This contest is back on! Winners will be announced on Wednesday July 19th at the town hall meeting which is to be held after the net toss.

I will accept the suits in the governor's house near the Trinsic docks starting on July 17th. I am hoping to get a mailbox there but if I cannot then I will be in the office at set hours that will be posted here.

Trinsic will offer a reward of 5 million gold, a barbed runic kit (offered by the kind Lady Dramora), a valorite runic hammer with 90 charges and even more!

Suits MUST be turned in by the crafter whose name is marked on the armour. A gate will be provided from Luna during the hours posted. The winner does not have to be present to claim the prize.

More to come on the Town Hall Meeting!

Darkstar Inc

Adventurer
The suits will be judged on aesthetics, stats and the character sheet. We are looking for a suit of armour that would be battle ready.

Darkstar Inc

Adventurer
The suits can be turned in to the Trinsic herald (by the NE bank at the city stone) by dropping them on him. Please put the suits in a bag first.