• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Beacon Commentary on Bladderstick's Arrest

The Trinsic Beacon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be, or not to be: that is the question.

A commentary by Pierre LeCanard.

Last night finally saw the imprisonment of Bladderstick the fool. Yet while he was a fool, a fool he was not. Instead he managed to spread a reign of terror not only across Nujel’m, but also across nearly the entire realm. Now, after having been roused from the Hidden Valley near Trinsic, and chased across the oceans, he was finally caught, pulled out from beneath a bed by sergeant Iljian from Trinsic.

However, instead of facing Britannian justice, Bladderstick was left in Nujel’m’s jail, which is well known for its liberal and careless treatment of prisoners. How long till another prisoner springs from this comfortable abode by the sea, only slightly inconvenienced by its guards?

Worse though, where is the justice? Bladderstick not only attacked citizens of Britannia, he even planned the assassination of the political leaders of several towns. At which point, if not now, will the kingdom show the gleaming blades of justice? The laissez-faire is strong with his Majesty, but if there is to be a kingdom in years to come then he must provide the basic elements of a government. If he would take the taxes from hard working citizens, then he must provide for them. Safety, security and justice are first and foremost amongst the needs of any kingdom. Without them … and this is the place where I would write ‘chaos will rule’. It is, however, this very line that depicts the gist of our troubles. Chaos rules, but it has not found a way to be compatible with a working government. Personal freedom might be a significant goal, but it is dwarfed by the peoples’ need for safety.

Bladderstick has not only crossed lines. He has not just mocked the kingdom. Instead, he tried to bring down the realm by the assassination of political leaders and citizens. If there is to be a kingdom then the king must now react. Bladderstick must be brought to Yew in order to receive the King’s justice. There must be a trial. And there must be consequences. Maybe not only for Bladderstick…

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whilst I totally agree that Bladderstick must be made accountable for his many crimes, and while I also agree that Nujelm Jail has a distinct resemblance to Gorgonzola cheese I do not agree that Yew is where he should be tried.

His first crimes were committed against the citizens of Nujelm, a sovereign state, and they suffered much under his usurped rule. The Sultan suffered too, altho it is difficult to have any sympathy for this selfish ruler. Nevertheless, as the Sultan of Nujelm he has first call on the right to Justice for what befell his hungry people even though he bears some of the responsibility. They have a right to see justice done, justice for Bladderstick in a far-away land would mean little to them. As is often said, justice should not only be done it should be SEEN to be done.

Anyway Bladderstick now resides in Nujelm jail and we have no legal right to take him anywhere unless the Sultan was to give permission and I rather suspect the Sultan might have his own plans for Bladders. I know I would in his shoes.

That now said, I have a house on Marble Island which contains a nice collection of heads on stakes. When Bladderstick receives his just reward I would be delighted to add his to the collection.