• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Be Sure to Check Your Origin Accounts

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Keep in mind, even if you have billing set up through the accounts.eamythic.com page, you can still view all items that bill through origin.com by logging in with your username/email there.

Today I discovered an attempt for 3 purchases of FIFA 15 in south korean funds and another purchase a month back in USD - none went through because they were considered foreign transactions and my bank rejected them.

I advise all to go in and change passwords when you have time, just to protect yourself especially if you have weird charges.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While at it, I recommend turning in two steps authentication for extra security there.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yup. I've set up the second step of authentication and if they don't recognize the browser, I get a text code.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Someone told me awhile back that 2 folk got hacked and their banks charged for things at Origin... They recommend that you remove all billing info like CC and such. Don't store your CC info on sites like that. Just asks for trouble.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i stopped using my CC there back when all the problems came up with the accounts not being billed and accounts being shut off.

so now i just buy game time codes for 6 month shots.

i just some how always imagined that a company that makes stuff for computers and has thousands of computer tech employees would have a better more secure system.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just some how always imagined that a company that makes stuff for computers and has thousands of computer tech employees would have a better more secure system.
You'd think...................

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Someone told me awhile back that 2 folk got hacked and their banks charged for things at Origin... They recommend that you remove all billing info like CC and such. Don't store your CC info on sites like that. Just asks for trouble.
I think I'm about to head that route. Unfortunate because I like the ease of having it stored, but not worth it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get a daily summary email on 3 checking accounts. So far I have never had an unauthorized charge to any of them. *Knocks on wood!*

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
i didn't get notified by my credit card companies on mine, I only knew it had been compromised by looking at the logs.

Never hurts to be safe than sorry.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those who can, Ive always suggested using prepaid credit cards. I always use prepaid online and have yet to lose any money.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondering if anyone downloaded the origins store on to their computer, and might be using the friends thing there.
I don't use it hate downloading things less downloaded things the better is my motto.
If you did and you do use that friend thing check the security of what your friends can see in your profile.I'm not sure how it works. make sure no one can see your email.
personally I would remove it

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And now it's bigger news.

http://www.pcgamer.com/origin-users-reporting-unauthorized-purchases-appearing-on-their-accounts/

To quote:

"Reports of a possible hack of Origin are surfacing on Reddit, where users are reporting unauthorized purchases and other activity on their accounts. The cause and extent of the breach isn't yet clear, but if you have credit card information stored in your account (and really, even if you don't), this would probably be a good time to double-check your purchase history—and change your password.

Some Reddit users say they've been charged for games they didn't buy, while others have received emails reporting failed attempts at purchasing games through their Origin account; one poster said he realized something was up when he started earned achievements for a game he'd never played, while another discovered his account had actually been banned because someone had used it to purchase FIFA and then farm coins."

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooo EA can detect scripting to some level on the FIFA games and they are willing to do something about it. Guess UO is just too small of a game for them to be stern about cheating and scripting.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooo EA can detect scripting to some level on the FIFA games and they are willing to do something about it. Guess UO is just too small of a game for them to be stern about cheating and scripting.
They are stern about cheating and scripting in UO.

I guess you are just butthurt that they don't personally keep you in the loop?

Do you also accuse your local pd of not fighting crime because they don't personally keep you in the loop on every case lol?

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are stern about cheating and scripting in UO.

I guess you are just butthurt that they don't personally keep you in the loop?

Do you also accuse your local pd of not fighting crime because they don't personally keep you in the loop on every case lol?
I was responding to the farm coin link posted. I have never seem any type of EA statement regarding the same issues in UO.

BTW why are you so mad all the time? Did I say every case of cheating or scripting needed to be posted? No I did not. I guess you are just having a bad new years eve. Hope you get better next year.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For what it's worth, I do love FIFA 14. That's odd, however, that Koreans need FIFA 15 so bad. I mean, those games get cheap fast.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have been checking my account history continually since I heard about it. Also have changed my password twice since then and just changed it again. So far I have not had any problems...keeping my fingers crossed.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind, even if you have billing set up through the accounts.eamythic.com page, you can still view all items that bill through origin.com by logging in with your username/email there.

I thought that getting billed through accounts.eamythic.com was the one and only option to keep playing UO if one was using a credit card to get billed for the subscription fee.....

Are there alternatives, other then using game time, which do not go through accounts.eamythic.com when using a credit card ?

Also, how does one exactly check all items that bill through origin.com by logging in the accounts.eamythic.com page ?
Thanks

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again.... only 1% ... of the UO playerbase read this....[really]

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was responding to the farm coin link posted. I have never seem any type of EA statement regarding the same issues in UO.

BTW why are you so mad all the time? Did I say every case of cheating or scripting needed to be posted? No I did not. I guess you are just having a bad new years eve. Hope you get better next year.
No offense darling but you seem like the angry one :)
Introducing your dislike of EA's UO cheating policy into a thread about FIFA account hacking lol

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offense darling but you seem like the angry one :)
Introducing your dislike of EA's UO cheating policy into a thread about FIFA account hacking lol
Guess sarcasm is something you interpret as anger. Origin account hacking and cheating in FIFA are linked based on the post I was responding to. Cheaters are hacking origin accounts to buy new FIFA accounts so they can cheat in game to profit from the cheating.

I do not dislike EA's UO cheating policy, I do however dislike the lack of EA's enforcement of that policy for UO.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I thought that getting billed through accounts.eamythic.com was the one and only option to keep playing UO if one was using a credit card to get billed for the subscription fee.....

Are there alternatives, other then using game time, which do not go through accounts.eamythic.com when using a credit card ?

Also, how does one exactly check all items that bill through origin.com by logging in the accounts.eamythic.com page ?
Thanks
If you go to www.origin.com (where you can purchase gametime) and login there, you will see all of the transactions that have happened on acccounts.eamythic.com there. I can show a screenshot later.

You can't check on accounts.eamythic.cm, you have to login on origin to see account billing

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you go to www.origin.com (where you can purchase gametime) and login there, you will see all of the transactions that have happened on acccounts.eamythic.com there. I can show a screenshot later.

You can't check on accounts.eamythic.cm, you have to login on origin to see account billing
Some people have separate eamythic/origin accounts.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Even if you have separated, you can login with your EA Mythic account there. That's how I found out a few other issues a while back. I was asked "can you log into Origin with that account" and I had responded with I didn't use the account on Origin and I was told it was there as well.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep it's one and the same. I NEVER used Origin.com until some certain someone *Cough Flutter Cough* made me buy The Secret World...(ok she didn't make me but she strongly suggested I do lol) I actually had to create a log-in at Origin to purchase it a few months back....but when I check my account history there it goes back WAY farther then a few months and shows all the transactions that I've made through the account management page.

You can see in the image below, the date I purchased The Secret World through the Origin store was the day I actually registered on the site...but the transaction history goes all the way back to 2011 so all of your information goes through them regardless if you purchase items there or not.

http://i62.***********/2us7gu9.png

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yep it's one and the same. I NEVER used Origin.com until some certain someone *Cough Flutter Cough* made me buy The Secret World...(ok she didn't make me but she strongly suggested I do lol) I actually had to create a log-in at Origin to purchase it a few months back....but when I check my account history there it goes back WAY farther then a few months and shows all the transactions that I've made through the account management page.

You can see in the image below, the date I purchased The Secret World through the Origin store was the day I actually registered on the site...but the transaction history goes all the way back to 2011 so all of your information goes through them regardless if you purchase items there or not.

http://i62.***********/2us7gu9.png

So tell me again please what I can do to fix this situation, with details...... thank you in advance.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is this problem just with the Origin site? or the eamythic.com site? I never buy anything from origin, just use the eamythic site to pay the bills. should i be worried?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is this problem just with the Origin site? or the eamythic.com site? I never buy anything from origin, just use the eamythic site to pay the bills. should i be worried?
I'm not sure if its just players that have been targeted by hackers or the actual Origin.com website has been hacked? I haven't seen anything about it on other websites.

I removed all my cards from the database ages back and have used PayPal to buy my gametime for about a year now.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While you do not buy anything through Origin, all your transactions end up showing up on Origin somehow. If you create an Origin account with the same email account your EAmythic account is on, you will be able to see all the times you were billed on EAMythic.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure if its just players that have been targeted by hackers or the actual Origin.com website has been hacked? I haven't seen anything about it on other websites.

I removed all my cards from the database ages back and have used PayPal to buy my gametime for about a year now.
I posted a link above. PCGamer posted about it. I've posted it again below.

http://www.pcgamer.com/origin-users-reporting-unauthorized-purchases-appearing-on-their-accounts/

Edit: And here's some more:

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/01/03/origin-accounts-hacked/127212/

http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/30/hackers-are-breaking-into-origin-and-making-fraudulent-purchases/

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2014/12/31/ea-denies-origin-hack/1

http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/31799/cyber-crime/electronic-arts-origin-accounts-hacked.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/2m957t/ea_origin_accounts_are_being_hacked/

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure they are linked, ie if you have an eamythic.com account for UO account, you will have an origin store account. Pretty sure @Kayhynn stated that in one of the post above (login to origin would be same as eamythic account? maybe be can clarify). Best to set up the new 2 step origin account access security option.

edit - Kayhynn already responded heh, so disregard post.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure they are linked, ie if you have an eamythic.com account for UO account, you will have an origin store account.
Yes it seems they are. If I change my password on Origin.com it also changes it on accounts.eamythic.com. Same with the email address etc etc.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The irony I'm seeing is that EA is saying Origin accounts weren't hacked.

Yet I've had repeated tries to get stuff reset on my account after I went and set up two-step authentication. And they were trying to use my SWTOR account to boot - an account I created but never used.

The number of people who have had "purchases" charged and reporting it has drastically increased since I posted this in early December. And right around Christmas time a hacker group released a number of accounts they had access to on EA/Origin. It makes you wonder who's telling the truth here.

EDIT: Just for the record, the password for my email account and the password for EA/Origin are 100% different. This is true for any game account I have as well. None of the accounts share a password.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the password reset on Origin.com / accounts.eamythic.com even work? I remember before people saying it didn't. I don't want to mess about when there is no real need to do it. I've just enabled the "Login Verification process" and now I get an email with a code to enter. Hopefully this is enough.

Reactions: S_S

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sucks a bit that the login verification thing only works on Origin.com and not accounts.eamythic.com

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does the password reset on Origin.com / accounts.eamythic.com even work? I remember before people saying it didn't. I don't want to mess about when there is no real need to do it. I've just enabled the "Login Verification process" and now I get an email with a code to enter. Hopefully this is enough.
I dunno if it does or not. I just found it funny that they were trying to reset my passwords for SWTOR and Origin both.

And yes, if you change the password on Origin it changes it over on eamythic and vice versa.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it works, I just reset mine for precaution.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note, if you're setting up your security questions, don't do what I apparently did and spell the answer wrong. It saves you unnecessary flapping and confusion when you need to change your security info sometime later. I don't have enough hands for an appropriate self-facepalm. Still, my account was secure. So secure that even I couldn't log in fully :D

*shuffles off shaking her head*

Wenchy