• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Battle won, but sometimes still lost

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It had been a long battle, a bloody battle, but Lord Fabian had been pushed back. His knights were beaten, and as he fled into the woods Lew knew that the day had been won. There were many of the treasonous Kingsguard that followed Fabian on the ground at the West gate, but they were not alone, several of his own people were among the dead. As he surveyed the area, one body stood out among the field of death. Slumped by the trees at the side of the road Lew saw Lord Eric his warden commander against a tree.

Lew ran over to his friend, fearing the worst and knelt down beside him. Placing a hand on his shoulder, Eric groaned and looked up, and the reality hit Lew like a rock. Eric's words were soft, he painfully said "I have failed you Lord Lew, Trinsic is lost". Lew was about to explain to him that Trinsic was not lost, that Eric's battle plan was solid, and had won the day, but he did not get the chance. With a small breath of air, the light faded from his eyes, Lord Eric High Commander of the Trinsic Wardens was gone.

With a scream of anguish Lew threw his sword at the sandstone wall and crumpled to the ground. It was then that he began to fully realize the enormity of the past few months, and he thought to himself, you did not fail us Eric I have failed you. It had been Lew's decision, or indecision, that led to the outbreak in Trinsic. His indecision that caused the King to place him under arrest for putting the entire Kingdome in danger. And now his decision to go against the King and call troops home from Malas had driven Lord Fabian to attack Trinsic, killing Lord Eric and several of his closest wardens.

As Lew sat next to Erics still body, he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. Looking up, his eyes met those of Sammy, both a warden and a merchant, she embodied what Trinsic was, both power and commerce. In that moment Lew knew what needed to be done, the only possible light in this dark situation. Sammy began to speak, but Lew quickly cut her off.

"Sammy, I have failed Trinsic, I must leave for a while. The elections for Governorship are just beginning, and I would like you to run, to take control of our fair city. I must do this, I must go into the wild and reflect on these past 6 months. Sometimes we must go backwards in order to move forwards, I am at such a point."

Sammy, knowing Lord Lew well just nodded her head. She could see in his eyes that his mind was set, and once set would not be turned.

"I will run for Governor, and if elected will serve the city in Honor. But I have one request Lew, that once you have found your feet again, you stand with me and be a part of our great city once more."

Lew's stood, and assured her that he would. He looked over to the wall where his sword stuck from his beloved sandstone, turning away from it he whistled for his mount. His sword would be of no use where he was going, for he was going back to where he began, back to his roots as a Ranger.
Climbing up onto his mount he turned one final glance upon Trinsic. He dug his heels into the mounts side and began down the path that he watched Fabian flee. The only thought in his mind, vengeance.

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You had a great run as governor Lew, one deservingly immortalized in Castle Blackthorn.
It was an honor to work with you as we re-founded Trinsic and I can't wait to see what you will do now you are free of all political obligations.

I'd also like to assure the shard community on the whole that the changes occurring in Trinsic are just shufflings. No one is leaving.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, Trinsic is as strong tonight as it was this morning. One cannot run for Governor every time, and new blood is what will keep this system strong. Sammy will be a great asset to the council if elected. I fully endorse her run for the Governorship of Trinsic, and will be there to support her every step of the way.

Sammy the Fisherwoman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sammy stares absently in the direction Lew followed, thoughts swirling in her mind. “Those are going to be some big shoes to fill,” she thought, considering all that Lew had accomplished during his terms as Governor. “If I win the bid for governor of Trinsic, people will expect great things from me as well.”

Her mind followed that train of thought for a time, attempting to consider all of the expectations that the citizens of Trinsic and, indeed, members of other communities may have. Then she realized that she was defeating herself before she even began. “There is no need to fill the footprint of Lord Lew, but to create your own footprint next to his.”