• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Battle chicken lizard

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have many tamed chicken lizard, They have made many eggs, about 20 in total, but no battle chichen lizard. Every egg gave another simple chicken.
There's something that i don't know or it's a little difficult having a battle one?

G

gramarye

Well, Ivory, I have only six chicken lizards and out of about ten eggs I have so far hatched two battle chickens (each a different colour, one green one blue) so I haven't found it particularly hard to get one. You are keeping the eggs moist, yes? That's about all I can think of. I was part of the SA beta and Crissie told us that if the eggs were left dry for too long it reduced the chance of getting a battle chicken. Hope that helps.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Gramarie.
I water the eggs EVERY morning before going to job.
I find them dry, but i thinks that it's normal, isn't it?
Maybe i'm a litte unlucky :(

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hatched alot of eggs from the chicken lizards and got no battle chicken yet either. We have to keep trying, sooner or later we get lucky. :)

Y

Yalp

Me too, plenty of eggs hatched for regular chickens, no battle yet.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have three chicken lizards bonded and after 2 weeks I finally got an egg to drop off one, so you all are way ahead of me...:(

I was about to open a CFC (Chessie Fried Chicken Lizard)

G

gramarye

hmm, this just baffles me. During the beta a thought the whole idea of chicken lizards was hilarious so spent a lot of time with them. Now that SA is release I naturally wanted to get back to where I had been on Retribution so bought a couple of coops and some incubators. Tamed six chicks and cooped them. Fed them every day after bonding and get an average of 4 eggs a week (real week). and get about 1 battle for every 5 or six eggs. I guess either you guys are just unlucky, or I'm VERY lucky. Anyway, gluck with it. I have really nice blue battle and a green one so far. If any are on Europa, give me a shout and I'll pass one of my battles along to you. have fun.

Oh, btw, you know if it's a battle before it hatches 'coz it says: Mature Battle Chicken Lizard Egg. Just for any that weren't sure.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If any are on Europa, give me a shout and I'll pass one of my battles along to you. have fun.
You are very kind but i'm a little obstinate :)
And i want that one of my stupid chickens make a battle chichen ;)
Gramarye, but battle chickens are a little strong?

L

Lil' Lucien

You have a 5% chance for a battle chicken, out of 15 eggs i got a blue one. The eggs will label as dry to let you know you need to water them again but if it says burnt or somethin like that, yer chances for a battle chickie drop. Stat wise they are not that different from the regular chick lizard. I find that a little disappointing but i guess its the title and color that sets em apart.

G

gramarye

You are very kind but i'm a little obstinate :)
And i want that one of my stupid chickens make a battle chichen ;)
Gramarye, but battle chickens are a little strong?
Well, am currently training only on Lizard men so... not quite as strong as my dread :)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally i have my first battle chicken. Strong cyan
What a fine effort! :thumbup:
Sorry for the post, but i'm very happy :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats. Like with alot of things it just a matter of keep holding on. :)

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like I've been very lucky. Incubated 7 eggs so far, of which 2 have been battle chicken lizards, first bright blue, the second a more calming verite colour.

Hang in there!

C

Corwin

Ah... Lady Nico. I remember you well. You gave me a prized neon purple bunny rabbit, which I still have and trained to the level of a Mongbat Killer! Thank you again for that gift.

I can't wait until my first Battle is hatched. Nice colors.

C

Corwin

Ah... Lady Nico. I remember you well. You gave me a prized neon purple bunny rabbit, which I still have and trained to the level of a Mongbat Killer! Thank you again for that gift.

I can't wait until my first Battle is hatched. Nice colors.

D

Dreamz_imported

You have a 5% chance for a battle chicken, out of 15 eggs i got a blue one. The eggs will label as dry to let you know you need to water them again but if it says burnt or somethin like that, yer chances for a battle chickie drop. Stat wise they are not that different from the regular chick lizard. I find that a little disappointing but i guess its the title and color that sets em apart.
It's 10% chance for a battle chicken if you keep them watered, 5% if you forget a day.

J

jerseyboy

Looted my first egg off a chicken lizard and after 3 days.... battle chicken...woot!

Attachments

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that there are some problems with bonding the battle chickens. After 12 days it has not yet bond. Obiouvsly I feed it

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivory,

I have had four Battle Chickens hatch and the first two bonded on the seventh day. The other two have not been a week yet. I'll keep track of the days to see if they bond on time. Other than the normal bonding problems with all pets that we read about, I do not know of any specific bonding problems with these little guys. Just out of curiosity, do you have yours in a coop for bonding or in the stable? Mine have always been in a coop. One of mine was also a strong cyan.

Katrena

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivory,

I have had four Battle Chickens hatch and the first two bonded on the seventh day. The other two have not been a week yet. I'll keep track of the days to see if they bond on time. Other than the normal bonding problems with all pets that we read about, I do not know of any specific bonding problems with these little guys. Just out of curiosity, do you have yours in a coop for bonding or in the stable? Mine have always been in a coop. One of mine was also a strong cyan.

Katrena
Totally i have 3 cops I have all chiken lizards (bonded) in 2 coops. In rhe 3 coops there are battle chicken lizards. ( i've only 2)
I've written far from 12 days and the battle chicken lizard are only tamed and not bonded.
Escusa me, i've been playing far fron 7 years and i know how to bond a pet. There is a bug??

G

gramarye

Totally i have 3 cops I have all chiken lizards (bonded) in 2 coops. In rhe 3 coops there are battle chicken lizards. ( i've only 2)
I've written far from 12 days and the battle chicken lizard are only tamed and not bonded.
Escusa me, i've been playing far fron 7 years and i know how to bond a pet. There is a bug??
Well from what you write, Ivory, there seems to be...although I haven't personally had a problem. My battles have bonded after seven days and I don't keep them exclusively in the stable, just take 'em out when I feel like it and they still bond ok. Just a thought but have you tried putting a battle in a stable for seven days instead of a coop? Just trying to think of anything that might help. Could be the coops have a bug.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am about to give up on getting a battle chicken lizard.
i am only working with three chicken lizards, but I wish teh RNG liked me a lot more than it apparently does.

Oh well. Guess I will keep at it.

Congrats to all of you who have gotten one (or more). I hope theat the bonding thing works out for you as well Ivory (and anyone else with issues).

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't give up. It took me a while for the first. But now i got 3 in a week. :)

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not really going to give up, but I have issued my chicken lizards an ultimatum.

"Listen here you Chicken Lizards. If any of you go a week without giving me an egg, you will be the guest of honor at a BBQ. If after 5 eggs, you do not give me a Battle Chicken Lizard egg, you will make a fine appetizer on pizza night (Chicken Lizard Buffalo Wings)"

It seems to have shaken them up a bit. I guess time will tell.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I named one of my chickens Kentucky. Think she knows what happends when i don't get the right eggs. ;)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could be the coops have a bug.
The coop has 3 slot. One is occupied by a bonded chcken and the other 2 by the battle chicken unbonded. Then I presume that the coop is not bugged.
The only thing is that i feed the battle chicken every day. Maybe the timer resets? I thought this bug was fixed. :confused:
For now i try to wait 7 real days before feed them again.
If it's doent' work i try to put them in stable.
The strange thing is that the chicken in that coop has bonded normally.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same thing happened to me.

Chicken A bonded after seven days.
Chicken B bonded after twelve days.
Chicken C still not bonded after twelve days.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a limit on the number of bonded pets you can have?

( this is a rather new situation where you can potentially have ownership of more pets than stable slots + control slots )

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

( this is a rather new situation where you can potentially have ownership of more pets than stable slots + control slots )
I have 14 pets of all kinds in my stable and I have 12 Lizards/3 Battle Chickens in my tower. I am not aware of any limit as long as you have coops to put them in.

Katrena

F

Fink

It would be nice if they extended the coop function to new craftable pet houses like dog kennels, rabbit/ferret/rat hutches, squirrel nooks, bird feeders and so on. It would be great if the coop/etc could be set to play the appropriate animal sounds as you walk by.

G

gramarye

During the beta phase of sa Chrissie addressed this point and said that the reason for the coops was specifically so that stable slots were not used up on chickens (or so I remember). I don't understand the reference to control slots.

E

elonk

Has anyone seen a multi-colored Battle Chicken? And if so, what was it's color combination? I've only seen 1 that was two-toned and it was bluish with a yellow highlight down it's back and came from a bright yellow egg.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got one of those today (yellow back-stripe down a blue body from a yellow egg).

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both bonded. 5 mimutes ago :danceb:
After 17 days. The strange thing is that the green one is younger of ther cya 2 days. Then one has bonded in 17 days and one in 15.
A real mystery.

D

Drazasamus

Has anyone seen a multi-colored Battle Chicken? And if so, what was it's color combination? I've only seen 1 that was two-toned and it was bluish with a yellow highlight down it's back and came from a bright yellow egg.
got one... its one of the hyru colors... and i think they have metal colors to... i have a verite green one...

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still no Battle Chicken Lizards!!!!!

Finger Licken good. That's all gotta say.

Time to go out and train some more lunches...er....I mean chicken lizards.