• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Basic functionality questions.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I haven't been able in the EC, to

1.) follow an NPC. Shift-Alt-Leftclick or any other combination did not work.

2.) switch from /chat to /say (and vice versa) just with the keyboard. I always have to click the speech-bubble-icon, which is annoying.

Am I missing here something or is this just not possible?

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about the first one, but I've not used the follow thing since I first started the game years ago.

As for the second, if you /chat you mean the general chat window and stuff, just use /c for chat and /s for say. (And /a for alliance, /g for guild, etc)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.) follow an NPC. Shift-Alt-Leftclick or any other combination did not work.
I don't think this is possible.

2.) switch from /chat to /say (and vice versa) just with the keyboard. I always have to click the speech-bubble-icon, which is annoying.
Just type what it says in the speech-bubble-icon options, with a space after it.
"/say " switches you to say mode
"/emote " switches you to emote mode
"/chat " switches you to chat mode

There are also shorthands for them...
"/s " for say
": " and "/e " for emote
"! " and "/y " for yell
"/c " for chat
etc