• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barkeep problem, any way around it?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allow me to introduce Miriam the gypsy:

Cross her palm with gp and she'll offer you a choice of a tarot or crystal ball reading, then tell you your fortune by your choice.

Only trouble is, she has a tendency to be invisible under her chair and then pop into sight a minute or two later. Is there any way around this one?

F

feath

any npc (or, for that matter, any player) who sits on a chair, sometimes it shows the chair on top of the player.
i see you have her in a large, high backed chair. put her on a bench. when she's under the bench, you can still see most of her.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh this is gonna sound so silly...

no, I haven't tried it... set a goza down, raise it two clicks, put the chair on it and sit in it, place the gypsy.... step down, axe the goza, lower the chair

feel free to chuckle:blushing:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh this is gonna sound so silly...

no, I haven't tried it... set a goza down, raise it two clicks, put the chair on it and sit in it, place the gypsy.... step down, axe the goza, lower the chair

feel free to chuckle:blushing:
I think its a good thing to try out, but I think part of the problem is that to be considered as sitting you have to be at the same z axis level as the object. So being one tile higher you will no longer be sitting. The NPC will probably just stand up on their stool instead.

Still worth giving it a shot tho! You never know. =)