• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard training

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if anyone has found the same, but an immense help and starting guide (probably a big reason why i restarted my bard training) was Poos disco primer.

I've found however that due to the timer not being able to be ... circumvented it now probably needs a tweak as a few other posts have mentioned.

I was trying to gain on gamans and it was pitifully slow from about 68. They were too easy and i didn't gain enough on successes. i was successful most the time too, which meant a massive delay before next attempt. 10 gamans, ~8 second pause and then ~15 econds of invic is about 1.5 mins per cycle.

I've found instead, by using kirin much earlier i fail a lot more. however when i succeed i gain much more often. and because i'm failing i can re-attempt the disco a lot quicker. I'm at 69 and I've had 20 gains in 30 minutes.
This is similair to taming too, where i find the quality of success and the time it takes to be able to reattempt is a major factor in successful Gain rate.

In essence if you can gain around -25 to +25 of an animals barding difficulty, i seem to gain much much quicker in the bottom 25 up to about +5 or +10 max of their difficulty.

A lot of people have found gaining slow since the honor bug was fixed and it is, but might this improve things?

Poo, I'd take ur disco list (or the one with non-aggressives on) and maybe reduce skill before using a bigger mob by 10/15 or so to increase the number of failed attempts and succesful attempts that produce gains? so Gamans, only to 65-70 rather than 75-80?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Might it be worth revising some stickies?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that "poos disco primer" wasnt mine, nor was it the original post (thread)

and yes, its OLD

infact when i train i dont even follow it.

i do polar bears from 30 to 65
then i get a ring and watch and get up 90 then i go straight to cu's and just keep taking off the rings and watches till i hit 120.

the + / - 25 point spread was the max that you can go and effectivlly train.
but what with the RNG and such its all random really.

some people think they gain better at the 40% mark, some at the 60% mark.

whos to say.

its all RNG.

the stickies where just all redone here over the last couple months and it was like pulling teeth.
so i have no plans on going back into them anytime soon.

what i would do it maybe just post your findings in the stickies.

but like i said, gains are different for everyone.

when we put up a post like those in the stickies we have to make them geared towards the lowest common denominator.

i suppose we could make a sticky called "The Power Hungry Bard from HELL!"
and post uber fast training stratigies.
but that would just confuse people and we would have a LOT more clarification posts going on.

yuck!

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol!

Cheers dude that figures - i wasn't meaning to slate you or your posts. As i say, your help has been invaluable ^_^

Interesting to hear your method - makes a lot of sense. I guess I'm just saying then that YOUR method should be stickied ^^. I've only trained two bards so far, and i think you have a few more than that ;) ?!?!

I guess your right about the RNG too, i seem to be gaining like a beast on Ki-Rin today and i have about a 75-80% chance of success - lol!

I hope i didn't sound like a whingy teenager?

Peace!

Garm :eek:)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its all good bro.

ive got a pure tamer on every shard (north american and a couple overseas)
all of them are 120.

then ive got a disco tamer on every shard (again, north american and a couple overseas)

and then ive got a disco archer on about 5 shards i think.

all said, ive made a couple bards.
course, thats not counting peace tamers ive made for co-workers back in the day(s)

i do enjoy my bards.