• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard soloing Shimmering Effusion : How ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that for a Bard it is possible to solo the Shimmering Effusion Peerless.

Anyone knows how (what template, gear, tactics...) ?

S

Shantia

Its got a lot to do with the things he spawns from what i remember last time someone posted about this. Use EV's to get him to the point where he spawns his lil globs of whatever then just keep provoking them onto him with EV's up. As for the gear..uh..probably high resists, high med, high mana regen, lrc, and lmc to keep those ev's going.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not as simple as that. If you straight up just try and provoke the spawn onto the boss it doesn't work. To begin with they are non provoke-able.

I have heard there is some trick to it though. From what I can gather the trick will then allow you to provoke the spawn.

I would love to know how this is done also, but I won't hold my breath for someone to come here and tell us.

S

Shantia

Taken from the Hunters guide:

2 mages/bards
Submitted by Anonymous on July 10th 2007.
Get 2 mages one with 120 disco and the other provo. Simply disco then ev until green things spawn then provoke wisps onto shimmering. The blobs start attacking shimm

Ok so this is how you do it apparently with a bard/mage. Could probably be done solo, probably easier with 2. Now if they did make it that you cant provoke anything onto a peerless boss then this is definately obsolete and there probably is no bard could do it unless they were a disco/tamer deal.

C

C4LISTO

I don't believe it's that you can't provoke them, it's that the Bosses Bard level is to high to be provoked.

By first Disco'ing the boss you lower his Barding level. Then by provoking the blobs onto him you are using them as primary and him as secondary so that also gives you a better chance at provoking. Don't get me wrong it's still probably really hard to do but I'm sure this is how it's done. Also using a GM crafted instrument will give you better chances since I don't believe shimmer has a slayer.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on reading where that information came from, it is contradictory information unless there is better proof from somewhere else. An early dated comment states that the ability to provoke secondary spawn onto the shimmering effusion had been negated.

Either A: It used to be able to be done then adjustments were made so it could not be done

OR

B. It could not be done before and then was changed.

Shimmering Effusion is fey slayer prone from what I recall.

R

RichDC

I spoke to someone the other day and, you cant provoke the essences onto shim. If you provoke a wisp onto shim it makes him negative karma/criminal, as the spawn is "good" karma they target shim.

C

cheerful

After reading this post I had to try it and as richDC states the spawn will attack shim providing you provoke the wisps. Took me an hour to get shim to one third damage the problem being that I had to keep running around killing wisps that had congregated in the corners. With pactice I would think it's easily do-able. The blobs can also be healed as they fight shim.

*After six attempts and only one success I find it not so easy afterall*

R

RichDC

A Bushdio Archer with Provo and Music could be uber here then?
You want disco as well, makes it easier to get the initial essences to spawn. Also makes it easier to kill of the spawn at the end.

Cant see it working, magery is almost essential.

R

RichDC

Give it a try and let me know, think i just worked out how it could be done:

120 bush
120archery(100 if you wana use the hunters)
120 music
120prov
120disco
70chiv
50med/focus (70 if you use the hunters)

Then take a pet(lesser) down with you and get the shim to target that(while you hide with either pots or jewels joat. Then disco and attack from a distance while it reamins locked. Not sure if the tactic would work but thats about the only temp i can see working. Would have to rely solely on LS (hence the med/focus) as there arent enough points for enough tactics.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are vids on Youtube of the skilled bard that posts here somtimes doing it with just a bushi archer...i think! Its deffo doable without magery or disco.

If you could get the blobs to attack as well as pelting with arrows, it could be very nice indeed.

I'm still not sold on using disco against peerless, just doesn't seem to make enough difference to me.

N

NickyDishes

shimmer will spawn a blob on u if u damage him directly....too much spawn will mean no dead shimmer.....i solo shimmer with my spellweaving tamer and most times when i go to word of death him ill get a blob right on top of me and their area attack combine with spells is vicious....and disco does make a difference....i bring a 2nd account character with me into all peerless just to disco while my sw tamer solos and it goes much quicker.

I

InspectorGadget

shimmer will spawn a blob on u if u damage him directly....too much spawn will mean no dead shimmer.....i solo shimmer with my spellweaving tamer and most times when i go to word of death him ill get a blob right on top of me and their area attack combine with spells is vicious....and disco does make a difference....i bring a 2nd account character with me into all peerless just to disco while my sw tamer solos and it goes much quicker.
Actually, the way they are talking about...more spawn = faster dead shimmer.

What happens is the spawn attacks shimmer, she/he spawns more which in turn attack shim.

The problem with this method is looting.

N

NickyDishes

i was speaking about the archer method....no way u can sit there and smash shimmer with arrows wihtout getting spawn on u...and about the provoke method...what's the point in goin to all that trouble with all that spawn...i dunno i just dont see the point...i solo him in bout 20-30 minutes just me and my dragon.

C

cheerful

Think we are talking about 2 different ways of doing it, using an archer or a pet is no doubt very effective but is not in the right context of 'bard soloing'.

Using only bard skills you need alot of spawn to bring down shim using the provoke method however, too much spawn and they start attacking each other and start to wander all over the place making it hard to avoid AoE or direct attacks, in other words you lose control of the situation.

I had the same problem as Odin because of the left over spawn so you need to 'convince' shim to die at one end of the room to give yourself a chance of luring the spawn to the other end. This nearly worked for me by having earth ellies in the corridor and using 'follow me', but still I ran out of time.