• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bard Masteries] finally got out to try the new changes!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well, say what you will, but i like the new changes.

i strolled out on one of my lesser used bards the other night and roamed that land looking for trouble.

in total i clocked in several hours of play and i tried to make it as varied as i possibly could.
and in every situation the new bard masteries came out working good.

i did find that for smaller easier stuff by the time i got a disco off and dropped a EV or 2 and then went to use the masteries the critter was usually dead allready.

so the disco ones i think are only looking to be good in bigger game hunting.

and the provo and peace ones are more group orientated so i only tinkered with them a little, not much, ill try to get a group together this weekend and test them a but more.

as for the changes in damage to the disco spells and the bard timer.....

LOVEING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was giggling like a school girl with how fast i was able to fire off my bard attempts.

so far i havnt found anything that i dont like about the new changes.
oh, and i havnt gotten to test them out on the T map guardians yet to confirm that they are working on them, but as with the peace and provo ones ill try to do it this weekend and report back.

cheers!

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also like these new changes alot!
I have a few bard templates, but my favorite is my provo/disco/mage.
I use the Inspire spell with my two vollems and they rip through most mobs fairly easy when their discoed since vollems gain 19 SDI, 19 HCI and 49 DI.

Loving it alot.

Next Ill try my necro/mage/discoer (wraith)

F

Fin of LS

Chest guardian was fixed--bard skills now work on all chest critters--tested on level 5 and 6 Tmaps yesterday

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, definitely much better. After struggling to maintain mana with version 1.0 so much that I went out to get all new gear, I'm finding that I can now almost maintain both of my masteries without drain.

Enough to have one mastery up and keep casting heals, or enough to keep two up for a short while before i drain out.

That's perfect, and exactly what I think makes sense. Still can't decide if I'll settle on provo or disco, but I'm soulstoning the peace for a while. Thanks Logrus!

B

Boomers

i'm still jazzed about the bonus to successfully bard chance... disco mastery at 120, peacemaking at 117, peace 160 mobs on first or second attempt..